An Alliance Between Anglers And Comercials2

Jaffa

That was a very interesting thread to me at least. I can understand why John locked it, but seems a shame to let that disussion go down the drain over personal differences.

Can we start again?

If people have a hatchet to bury; could they maybe do it elsewhere?

IMHO there was a lot of interesting stuff being said b4 it went crazy.?

My starter would be the subject of big fish and their importance ,or otherwise , to the future. I reckon they must be few and far between now. If not, where are they?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a very interesting thread to me at least. I can understand why John locked it, but seems a shame to let that disussion go down the drain over personal differences.

Can we start again?

If people have a hatchet to bury; could they maybe do it elsewhere?

IMHO there was a lot of interesting stuff being said b4 it went crazy.?

My starter would be the subject of big fish and their importance ,or otherwise , to the future. I reckon they must be few and far between now. If not, where are they?

I think the best way to achieve any sort a alliance is to get down to the docks and meet people face to face. All the anonymous arguing, like happened on the other thread, doesn't do anyone any good. It's good to hear the opinions of both sides, and I hope that continues, but trying to form an alliance on an internet forum isn't going to work.

Best do it in the pub. At least that way you are never more than an arms length away from a left hook!

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest binatone
I think the best way to achieve any sort a alliance is to get down to the docks and meet people face to face. All the anonymous arguing, like happened on the other thread, doesn't do anyone any good. It's good to hear the opinions of both sides, and I hope that continues, but trying to form an alliance on an internet forum isn't going to work.

Best do it in the pub. At least that way you are never more than an arms length away from a left hook!

Good point Steve.

I am sure that Whitby’s commercial fishing representatives would be more than pleased to meet up with there local angling representatives and give there account of there industry.

Weather you would get them to take the time out to discuss it on here is another matter altogether?

I apologise to all what happened on the last thread. I like you did enjoy a lot of the comments made by different individuals. Again I can only apologise if at the end thing got a bit personal. I suppose it’s always easier to fight for your principles than to live up to them.

Guest @AUTUMN@

Good to see you back steve. Hope we can have a difference of opinion real soon. With regard to a venue for this alliance. Perhaps we could try the fishermens club. But then again after what wurzel said perhaps its not a good idea. I like to be able to express my opinions but have a dislike of hospital food.

I will not make a greasy apology about the last thread. They were and are still my views and I stick by them. Enough said though, crack on with your alliance.

When i started the original thread it was done out of pure curiosity, and to see if it could coax out some more opinions from commercials that do read this forum but dont post, for whatever? their reasons.

Like steve said it would be better to meet in person but i think you have to start to see if there is any possibility for such a meet first? and here on this forum i feel it is an ideal way to find that out.

I am not sure what happened in the end i did not keep up with the last few posts before it got closed down i have just found out it had, so i dont know who or why it was? anyway i think it served a purpose and i am glad jaffa has picked it up again cheers chris :)

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

There's nothing at all wrong about starting another thread when the original has been closed, but if it starts to go the way the original did in the end, you all know what will happen 3.gif;)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Ok Nan.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest binatone
Good to see you back steve. Hope we can have a difference of opinion real soon. With regard to a venue for this alliance. Perhaps we could try the fishermens club. But then again after what wurzel said perhaps its not a good idea. I like to be able to express my opinions but have a dislike of hospital food.

I will not make a greasy apology about the last thread. They were and are still my views and I stick by them. Enough said though, crack on with your alliance.

Never ruin an apology with an excuse.