Best Has Gone

John S

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all die sometime. The guy didnt do so bad. Beautiful girlfriends and a fantastic footballer in his day.

The sad thing for me was how his impending death became a soap opera. The media appear to have no shame.

Yo Man, it's all about selling papers.

Those of us in the know, discovered that the only things you can believe in papers,

are the date and the price.

I rest my case.

again :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Without a doubt one of the greatest to ever grace the football field. Don't really have an opinion about his lifestyle but reckon this is one of his best quotes

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. "

Couldn't believe this mornings papers though, thought it was customary to wait until someone was dead before printing an obituary wasn't really an obituary I suppose but kept refering to him in the past tense.

:angry::angry::angry:

RIP

Edited by chappers

Sad part is members of his family have lost a Father, Son & husband & you have to feel for them.

His footballing skill was sublime, & he had the historical interest of being probably the first footballing celebrity. Other than that, he lead a frankly depressing life of addiction, with accusations of wife beating, failed relationships & a string of public apologies.

The saddest part is maybe the media/celebrity merry go round has claimed it's latest victim, they certainly seem to be draining the very last drops from their creation. :(

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

I noticed at the press conference the family gave outside the hospital.

George's father asked politely if they could now be left to grieve in peace. Still, we saw footage of George's son Calum leaving the hospital surrounded by flash bulbs not long after the press conference.

I have to say the family have shown great dignity and are handling their grief bravely.

I'm afraid if Calum had been me, I'm sorry to say I would have knocked a few of the low life vultures out. When do they ever let go?

The old saying rings true "Todays news is tomorrows fish and chip wrapper" I very much doubt the family will be left to grieve until after the funeral.

Shame on the media! :angry:

I have to say i was surprised by my reaction when i saw the news, I became very upset more than i imagined. I never knew him personally so i was not mourning a person, i felt that with his passing part of my childhood had died with him. during the 1960's i was a kid and george really was a big part of my life even though i never supported any team he played for. But if you were a snotty nosed kid in the 1960's who loved football you just had to love george best. looking at the grainy black and white shots of him on sky news, scoring magical goals aganist defenders who were allowed to chop your legs from under you with impunity, bought back all those saturday nights when i was allowed to stay up with my dad and watch the football. There will be those in the press who will want to slag him off about his lifestyle in the coming weeks. But as someone said any one can fall foul of alcohol but very few will bring such joy into the lives of so many as geroge did. RIP mate you made us all smile.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

look at the end of the day he had a blast! he shagged numerous miss worlds! sure even towards the end he had cuties quing up!

he could walk into any bar any time and not have to buy a drink!

never at a loss for friends hanging on his every word and offering lifts home!

defo he did some horrible things but that gose with the terratory! when your generaly adored!

still dont think his life should be worth morning! how many of us would swap a few years to live in his boots for just one?

rest in peace george! u did know how to have a party mate, hats off to ya!

my mrs's old man died when she was 18 ,he was 42 ,no front page news of that and he was somebodies father, Best died 30 years ago, only revelations of his drunken habits kept him alive in the press otherwise he would have sunk into obscurity like most footballers of his day

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson