Lost Xp Home Serial Number

Colin Brett

very doubtful, if it is of any use I have a code for XP home which I don't think I have ever activated. Whether it is tied to the hardware I don't know but i'll PM the code to you and you can try it if you like. It's a totally legit code from the laptop I bought, I have installed XP pro and not used the code.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hi, My key would not work, having input it a number of times with know joy, I rang microsoft and stated that I could not read the code, they give me a new code over the phone. Its a free phone number and its found when you fall to enter the correct key code. Hope you get the system working ok. Terry. windows is a pain in the A** these days.

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

My youngest son recently bought a new copy of XP home and threw away the wrapping complete with the Authorisation code that was stuck on it. Is it somehow possible to get the number from Microsoft?

Colin

Colin was the code from the now gone wrapper ever entered into the computer? if so see http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ViewKeyXP.htm

Oh, and without wishing to state the obvious but have you emailed Microsoft with this problem as I can imagine it being a very common occurence?

Yup, try the install, get the 'ring microsoft message', give them a call and they give you a new number, no problems, have to do it all the time when upgrading bits & bobs in XP PC's.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.