New Total Fishing Series

Phil Adams

Personally I prefer the more serious and technical angling programmes, but that's just me. In order to have a wider appeal these programmes have to include more off the wall stuff like running around with bushes and Matt appearing in a swim fully clothed etc. :D:D:D

Seriously, anything that can attract people to angling has to be worth a try.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hermes Posted Today, 07:08 PM

Bring back the old series Out Of Town with Jack Hargreaves!

now there was a legend

But he hardly did any fishing?

I have said before he was 'manufactured' by Southern Television. IMO the whole Out Of Town series was a lot of sentimental rubbish. Most of the programmes I remember included Old Jack in his shed, showing the viewer some ancient farming implement Fascinating for the wannabe country types, but hardly relative to angling Anyway whatever fishing this man really did was probably something to do with fly and trout, which fitted the image that the producers wanted to portray angling at that time, rather patronising I think.

How you can complain about the likes of Matt Hayes who like him or not is a true angler is beyond me. IMO he is an excellent host. So you 'shed heads' blow away the cobwebs, and see the light :)

Jack Hargreaves was alright. I'm not a fan of Matt Hayes, not at all. Does anyone remember Hugh Falkus on the river bank, in winter, chucking his self in, waders and all, then calm as you like, floating to the bank. That was a demo' our to save yourself if you fell in. What a man :wacko:

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

i,am just sad i like all fishing related programs not so hot on the ones in foraign locations and big game angling but i'd still watch them,i have the out of town video set they're ok (from http://www.anglebooks.com/product.php?xProd=14794 ) theres two on offer havent seen the new total fishing show yet (i taped it on dvd)

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Bring back the old series Out Of Town with Jack Hargreaves!

I agree about Jack Hargreave's series, i know they were'nt just about fishing but none the less they where allways interesting and i could watch them all day. Old Jack always seemed to make me chill out.

Cheers

Tigger.

I may just be wrong but I believe "old" Jack used to belong to "Greenside" angling club origionally based in slade-green? Whatever I found his programmes unmissable when learning myself. :)

Anyway whatever fishing this man really did was probably something to do with fly and trout, which fitted the image that the producers wanted to portray angling at that time, rather patronising I think.

He could have a laugh at his own expense, though. I remember one programme where he spent some time casting a fly at dace rising under a bridge. He then realised he'd been casting at "rises" caused by drops of water falling from the underside of the bridge...

I missed it on Friday as I was out.

Did they still have that hideous guitar solo music playing in the background which Matt Hayes fought fish, usually gurning with his tongue stuck out of his mouth and half way up his nose?!!

I think Mick Brown should have his own series. I think Matt thinks he carries Mick, but for me MB makes the series' bearable.

Lake Escapes wasn't half as good as there was no Brownie, plus the fact that the show was more of a showcase advertorial for MH's fishing gear and the lodges he was staying (obviously for free) in.

I'm not bitter!

Simon

PS - Mick: Ditch Matt Hayes and make your own predator fishing series!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

About a half dozen or more junk posts removed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President