Dungeness

five bellies

I agree with Holmesy, a big percentage of marks always offer the odd surprise.

Scotty

So do I.

If Kaggers thinks his mates word is good enough then well-posted I say. There might be a few "look at me and look at what I caught" merchants on this forum but I think its important to remember we aint all bullshifters. As remarkable or unlikely as it may seem, a jumbo cod (Now theres a word from the past) like that could turn up anywhere at anytime, and I don't need a shed load of experience to state that FACT.

I remember a 30lb plus getting caught off a shallow beach near Caenarfon a few years back and that was even more astounding. If you believe it... !!

So yeah thanks Kagger for posting the report, sure it might mean more bait gets sold (bound to) but if the source is good, then confidence boosters like this should be welcomed by us all in these days of P-Poor fishing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scotty,

Not getting the quality time at the moment due to the self build :rolleyes:

Still as fit as a fiddle sort of.

Might be able to catch a tide or two this weekend to sooth my aching pockets, a decent cod would would restock the freezer and make a change from bake beans. :D:D

I was hoping to make a trip south in January but as I will be in the middle of things up here it is not very likely.

Still it will be completed by the end of Febuary and I can look forward to next season.

Thats one for the doubting thomas, a complete build all 485 sq. m. in less than three months,plus a car park, 295 sq. m. retail tunnel and 3000 sq. m. plus outside display area, not bad for an old fart. :D

Lets hope the fishing matches this performance next year :D:D

All the best to your dad.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Maidstonemike, why are you so sceptical? There are some good fish around, not many, but Dungeness is one venue where there are a few big cod caught EVERY year. Water temperature (warmer) does not affect the cod....a cod won't think "Oooh, it's a bit warm here, I think I may swim out a bit further". They go where the food is. If there is food further out, why come in?

Lets hope you don't catch a good 'un.....no one will believe you!!

I'd just like to add one more post to this thread. Please remember that fishing is supposed to be fun!

I'm newly returned to sea fishing after a 15 year break during which time i fished matches (coarse). I saw enough dodgy goings on, cheating and dishonesty to last me a lifetime. Thats why I stopped. I now fish where I want, when I want, and with who I want, because I enjoy it. No other reason.

I couldn't care less if mike believes my report or not. I do take exeption to being called a hoaxer, but I've been called a lot worse in my time. Lets not have world war three break out over a bl##dy fish!!

I'd just like to add one more post to this thread. Please remember that fishing is supposed to be fun!

I'm newly returned to sea fishing after a 15 year break during which time i fished matches (coarse). I saw enough dodgy goings on, cheating and dishonesty to last me a lifetime. Thats why I stopped. I now fish where I want, when I want, and with who I want, because I enjoy it. No other reason.

I couldn't care less if mike believes my report or not. I do take exeption to being called a hoaxer, but I've been called a lot worse in my time. Lets not have world war three break out over a bl##dy fish!!

Sorry, can't be arsed looking at all the posts , I appoligise in advance.

I fished Dungy in the mid 60s /70s with a good friend (Terry Carrol). In them days you had to cast 100yds plus to get into the "dustbin". Even then we found it difficult to fish through the lines etc that had snapped off.Now adays 100 plus will be sneered at, I think they are now talking 250 plus.

There was plenty of cod in them days to the 15lb mark, the big ones appeared now and again (pb 23lb).

Basiclly all I'm saying is,it will never be the same.

l ;)

Aint that the truth all round?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Kagger. I didn't call you a hoaxer, I suggested that the angler claiming the fish may be a hoaxer.

I find it odd that just because i choose to be sceptical, my right, that it makes some people angry and abusive. That's life today I suppose, people are different.

Edited by maidstonemike

I dont believe any reports! nowadays, unless seen caught with ones own eyes i treat them all as a sales ploy for bait and tackle dealers, especially on the internet! they must think we are so gullible? maybe some are??????

:D I was speaking to an angler today who was fishing a competition at Dungie and he told me about this big cod that an angler caught just along the beach from him. They weighed it on their club scales and he took the picture of the fish that I have, he told him to send me a copy. That just about convinces me it's genuine, how about you Stavey? :rolleyes:

Edited by Norm B

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Dec 1 2005, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D I was speaking to an angler today who was fishing a competition at Dungie and he told me about this big cod that an angler caught just along the beach from him. They weighed it on their club scales and he took the picture of the fish that I have, he told him to send me a copy. That just about convinces me it's genuine, how about you Stavey? :rolleyes:

It is genuine Norm, just 1 or 2 "experienced" anglers don't believe it, their choice, who cares ?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Dec 1 2005, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

It is genuine Norm, just 1 or 2 "experienced" anglers don't believe it, their choice, who cares ?

:D I believe it but then I tend to believe unless I have reason to disbelieve, you know what I mean.

I know that in some cases scales may be a little "optimistic" but by and large anglers are pretty truthful.

We all know you can make a fish look bigger than it is but what's the point? You may win a prize but you are really only cheating yourself. This fish is, as far as I can tell, genuine. As well as the angler's statement I now have "evidence" from a friend who was actually on the beach when it was caught and he witnessed the scales, what more do you need to believe it? Except catch it yourself in front of a TV camera! :rolleyes: