How Can I Email Matt Hayes?

Guest Josh Iddon

Nice bit of trivia Clax! :)

Sturgeoen have to be the ugliest fish in the world, non native to these shores and completely repulsive! Eeeuugghh!!! :wacko:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there was an enormous Sturgeon caught in the Towy many years ago. Story is, it was dragged up to the local pub by horse and cart, I believe there's a photo of it in that pub.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

I believe there was an enormous Sturgeon caught in the Towy many years ago. Story is, it was dragged up to the local pub by horse and cart, I believe there's a photo of it in that pub.

Here's the story:

http://www.llanegwad-carmarthen.co.uk/fishytale.htm

The Towy coracle-fishers used to have occasional encounters with sturgeon, too - something I saw on a coracle site (love the names of the old netsmen):

In June 1896 on the Afon Tywi (River Towy) at Carmarthen a Sturgeon was caught that weighed 320 lb, was 8 feet 4 inches long and had a girth that measured 3 feet 4 inches. It was caught by Billy Boy and sold to Slippy Dick and during the netting two coracles were overturned and three nets broken. It was written in 1955 of coracles catching Sturgeon "twice in living memory" and also when "…a dozen coracles closed in on the bigger fish and brought it ashore"… This fish was exhibited at three pence a viewing. More recent confirmed sightings on the Tywi were the 4th June 1986, 11th June 1990 and the 25th June 1993.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

But did you know sturgeon were like swans?? every one caught

belongs to the monarchy.

She's bloody welcome to them, horrid fish!!!

:angry:

How can I email Matt Hayes? Ive seen on anglers net people are emailing him questions and I would like to know how i can do this.

Try this address.

info@anglingdirectholidays.com

Or this one.

totalfishing@totalfishing.tv

did you know that the biggest ever sturgeon was 1000lb and took 6 hours to land...towed the boat 6 miles down stream as well!

Was that in the UK or Canada? If it was caught in the UK than it might be the biggest in that country, but if it was caught elsewhere, it has a way to go to be the biggest. http://www.fishingtrips.com/jack8.html

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.