Center Pin

Guest Josh Iddon

here's a piccie of the okuma sheffield.(its a limited edition model S-1002) basically its a pimped version of the pro with a much better facia plate apart from that and the fetching gold colour its the same spec as the pro version.

chapmans have them (but not listed on web site) and wmac have them , they cost about £120

i wonder if okuma spares dept will supply the facia plate & handles (wouldn't need the handles) as this one would suite me better than the single arm pro one

8310431_640.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suggest you go for this reel... unless you have deep pockets or a rich uncle! :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

(May make £1.5-2K!)

IMO CP's are the best tool for trotting a river - gives you total line control - and its way more fun too. I rarely use them for ledgering - save for close margin work on still waters where a CP can react instantly to a sudden take!

One of the most comprehensive articles on using a pin is probably this one on BFW...

http://www.barbel.co.uk/articlefr.htm

Well worth a read...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I don't suggest you go for this reel... unless you have deep pockets or a rich uncle! :D

(May make £1.5-2K!)

Such a lovely little reel, made then for small stuff, attracting so many sharks now...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

(May make £1.5-2K!)

I wonder what makes this pin so valuble?

Obviously there must be something special about it.

I thought i paid over the odds for mine at £255. I've still not got over the shock!

Tigger

here's a piccie of the okuma sheffield.

8310431_640.jpg

Strewth! It looks like the inside of a French ormolu clock - they haven't exactly gone for the "understated" look, have they?

:blink:

I thought i paid over the odds for mine at £255. I've still not got over the shock!

Tigger

hope you're not using that when you get busted for licence evasion and have your tackle confiscated!

The Okuma Sheffield has been around in the US for about a year. The guts of the reel are the same as the Aventa which I like for its understated look....mine is also now handle free. The picture of the Sheffield is a bit understated, the reel being more blingish that it appears in the photo. If 'So Solid Crew' ever took up trotting for grayling then that's what I'd expect them to buy. In between trips it could be hung around the neck.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Tigger

The '39 is highly sought after - not many were made and the factory was bombed during the war destroying the moulds etc

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

If 'So Solid Crew' ever took up trotting for grayling then that's what I'd expect them to buy. In between trips it could be hung around the neck.

Luv it!

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

I've got a Leeds classic and I really rate it as a beginner's pin. On the positive side, it runs as smoothly as you could ever want, takes very little to get the spool spinning. Negatives - it weighs quite a lot and doesn't look as cool as other pins. Cost was about £50.

As for trotting with a pin, I wouldn't use anything else these days. I went to visit my Dad the other day and we went to the river with his gear, including a fixed spool. The lack of control both when trotting and when striking was frightening. Give me the pin every time.

Robin