Newt / Mods

nursejudy

Ahhhhh right yes the war of independance, ...............now if i'd been in charge back then it would have been a different outcome.

Its only cos we were busy fighting for the all the other parts of the world we owned that you damned yanks got away with it ;)

So was that our loss or somethin'? Actually, you guys have been doing a great job of entertaining me so seems to me all's right with the world (figuratively speaking - boy will this comment add to the thread :huh: )

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if I was younger and an orphan, I'd want a dad like Newt Vail but seeing as I'm not much younger than him, he'd do for me as an older brother. ;)

Well, he's adopted 7, what's one more? I'm game for a new brother-in-law :P:P

The thing is that moderators are just people at the end of the day and as such are prone to make mistakes and I'm certain that they would be the first to admit that they do. But Newt has taken action here many times when its been necessary and cleaned up very precisely and couteously. As has already been stated he has given his technical know how out to help people on many an occasion, and also many times he has repeated himself in reply to anothers plea for help when he could just have said "use the search button". Often enough he has taken someones problem to pm's and email to get a resolution, and when he has been at a loss (very seldom) he goes that one step further and posts it on another board to get the info to help someone.

"Please ease back on the personal attacks and excessive sarcasm.

You went well over the top in the Teflon Hook thread.

I've noted a trend of increasing invective and decreasing informational content in your posts and that isn't healthy for the forum.

Newt"

Newts comments, what is actually wrong with this?..Its courteuos, observational and suggests to me that Newt will allow a certain ammount of mud slinging go by before he calls a timeout. And his main concern is for the health of the forum...you cant get much better than that!

As we can all see (and know) Newt and the other mods have the fair majority of the memberships support, and yes a fair ammount of those are UK people who have never expressed any offence at an "American" telling us what to do, because he does not! Only when something gets out of hand does he step in and even then he makes a request and says please.

Newt, John, Alan, Gaffer and Simon: Keep up the good work that keeps Anglers-Net the way it operates now. Its how we like it and why we keep visiting.

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Steve, you missed out Alan Roe! :rolleyes:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

"what is actually wrong with this?.."

Because Steve, what he said, in my opinion is innacurate!

Compared to some posters in some posts, i didn't go over the top!

Excessive sarcasm and personal attacks? Why is it now all of a sudden wrong to have a wind up and a bit of banter on anglers net? For God's sake! It has become ridiculous!

I'm all for the mods telling someone they have gone too far and doing something about it - but to warn - just in case! Its a joke!

As for this:

"I've noted a trend of increasing invective and decreasing informational content in your posts and that isn't healthy for the forum."

Show me where in has become increasing? Show me the decreasing informational content? If anyone cares to make the effort to find out, you will see that I made more helpful posts to people genuinely asking for help aftyer I did the wind ups!

Instead of everyone following like sheep, and stick you head - well I'll let you fish that one or that'll be another excuse to lock, delete a thread or war/ban the poster!

Judge for yourselves! We all know the mods to a good job. But come on, its not me thats gone over the top!

hey yoxer back again ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson