Winter Pike

Newt

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slodge, as I said, I am not qualified to comment, BUT I have seen and handled a 30+ and a couple of the guys at the PAC have had SEVERAL 30+ and two 35+ and one 40+.

They gave the weights as 26 to 28lls.

I did think that their views would be valid, and when I look at pics of other 40+ or even mid thirties, I concur with their views.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 year later...

Clavata, welcome, would you like me to copy your pic and ask some EXPERTS?

On second thoughts, I don't think I can be bothered.................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I dunno how big but that surely is a fat, healthy looking lady.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Clevata, a remarkable fish! Length wise maybe a 15 pounder but that gut is is incredible, more like a UK spring caught carp! Must live near a McDonalds! Healthy did you say Newt? A 17 year old bit of stuff with a gut like that would be classed as obese and carted off to hospital!

Edited by Peter Waller

Guest tigger
The weight was 17,4kilos and the lenght 116cm. How is it then possible that the first pike in this as big when you see the condition on this norwegian caught lady.

Super fish and in great condition. :thumbs:

This just goes to show what has been said many times on this site: The length of a fish can not be accurately cross referenced with the weight.

It has annoyed me many times when people have said "that fish could never have wieghed that much" and mentioned reasons as to why etc. One photo is not enough to be able to judge the weight of a fish. To illustrate this, below are the pictures of 2 pike I caught. The first is 9lb, the second 11lb - yet most people, IMHO, would think the first to be the heavier.

Fish are different to each other just like people are.

I guess there may be the odd person trying it on, but they must be few and far between. You'd have to be rather stupid to post such a lie on a website with so many anglers on it.

The pics:-

post-4843-1177344831_thumb.jpg

post-4843-1177344760_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Simon

post-4843-1177344727_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoozleBear

www.myspace.com/boozlebear