Winter Pike

Newt

Each to their own Rabbit. If someone wants to go and catch minnows and weigh them and thats what they get enjoyment from thats good for them I say. Weights and pictures mean more to me than everything. Thats what I get pleasure from and Ill continue to go down this road. I would rather have a pristine 30lber over a tatty 30lber, but i would rather have a tatty 30lber over a pristine 29lber, everytime! One water that I used to fish that had zero angling pressure actually had pike in it that looked like they had been kicked up and down the bank for half an hour. These fish lived in a loch that was full of boulders and it was these that bashed them up and gave them their tatty appearance. I loved the look of these fish as it gave them some character. Live and let live I say.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon McFudges 40 was four 10lbrs sewn together and the 20's were all the same fish taken with a bit of make up to change the scale patterns.

What no witness's Fudge? Then those pike were definately not caught in Scotland but were imported from Sweden.

Also even though the photos looked good I have it on very good authority that you are only 4'6" tall with the worlds longest arms!

Cant fool me mate.............................

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie, I hear the director of Scooby Doo is wanting you for the next serious. Shaggy and Co are struggling to solve a lot of funny goings on these days and you seem like the man to save the day. :D

If it wasnt for that pesky Budgie I would have got away with that false catch.... grrrrrrrrr

Edited by Mc Fudge

Hoppy4, I how you are not too angry with me. It was a nice pike you caught, you should be celebrated for the c&r. Forget the pikes, here is a large fish from Sweden caught a few days ago. It will most likely be accepted as a Swedish record. I believe you Brits have the species in the northern lakes.

Char: 9.455kg (20.8lb)

161ab100e0dd812b5a82fc571ba4f3ac.jpg

Edited by Hemi

Hoppy4, I how you are not too angry with me. It was a nice pike you caught, you should be celebrated for the c&r. Forget the pikes, here is a large fish from Sweden caught a few days ago. It will most likely be accepted as a Swedish record. I believe you Brits have the species in the northern lakes.

Char: 9.455kg (20.8lb)

161ab100e0dd812b5a82fc571ba4f3ac.jpg

...and my very good friend Micael has at cottage just a few yards from this lake... but has only fished for pike i another nearby lake...

Good Morning,

Strange question as it might be. How many of you lure fish during this time of year? I ask as it seems that all the concerns are about the photos and scales and nothing about the actual Bait! I for one use Lure Exclusively during the Fall and Winter months for Predator fishing. This is both a physical and personal choices. The productivity of Lure fishing may not be as interesting to some as others, but I find it exhilarating. The Old School usage of Bass Lures while in the USA fits well with this form of fishing during this period. During the warmer periods, I will Carp and Wels fish most of the time and can remain in one location for longer periods of time. Once the weather turn colder, I am forced to keep moving and this type of fishing is what I do. How about others?

HOPPY4

HOPPY

my first post on this thread, so i should start with congratulating you hoppy!

i really only fish for pike with lures whatever the time of year, but i find more reason to at this time of year purely because moving about, walking the bank keeps me warmer than sat on my backside waiting....