Winter Pike

Newt

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because you're wrong. You can't work out a pike's size from a picture, especially if you don't know the angler.

I don't need to know the angler, because a pike that weighs 20 kg has to be very fat, especially if it's 115 cm. And that's a fact!

'Yeah I know, but no one seems to understand.'

That's because you're wrong. You can't work out a pike's size from a picture, especially if you don't know the angler.

OK Slodger!

I think everyone in this forum knows that a picture can lie. OK. That is not new info.

Now to the point.

Is this candid camera? Is this discussion for real? With all respect for Hoppys fish. Its a great fish, a trophy

But...

Do you know what a 20 kg Pike means? It is a pig, a trophy which is so rare that when someone catch a specimen like that it is hot stuff in fishing news and sites. It is close to new Pike record in Sweden. Why is not anyone reacting on the photo of a 19.6 kg Pike from Lödde Å in Sweden ( front page of Sporstfiskaren). If someone compare it with Hoppys fish, and says that you can not judge a fish out of a picture I dont know what to say.

OK Slodger!

I think everyone in this forum knows that a picture can lie. OK.

Fine, then that ends any further speculation. Thankyou.

You're so funny <_< (A picture can't lie that much)

Edited by NEO

OK Slodger!

I think everyone in this forum knows that a picture can lie. OK.

Fine, then that ends any further speculation. Thankyou.

I think we're past the picture now.... It's more about the lenght/weight ratio. An ordinairy 115 cm pike usually weigh about 12 kgs. If it's extraordinary fat it could perhaps come close to 15-16 kgs but never 20 kgs. Hoppys fish could very well weigh 20 kgs but only if the lenght meisurement is wrong.

'You're so funny'

Hey thanks! ..... I consider it quite an achievement to make a Swedish bloke laugh. :D

WTF :D "Trying not to get upset" Lucky for you I'm half Danish ;)

'WTF "Trying not to get upset" Lucky for you I'm half Danish'

Kinda corroborates my point nicely Salmo.... :D

(It's a joke fellas, just a joke........... do you have those in Sweden/Denmark?? :D )

BTW I accept your points about measurements.

I think the thread has run it's course now hasn't it?

The only thing I can see that has really been gleaned from it, is that Hoppy is one helluva nice guy right?

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

'WTF "Trying not to get upset" Lucky for you I'm half Danish'

Kinda corroborates my point nicely Salmo.... :D

(It's a joke fellas, just a joke........... do you have those in Sweden/Denmark?? :D )

Joke?? hmm yes I think I've heard of that, goes well with potatoes and red wine or..?