Piking Opportunity

Wordbender

With a paternoster rig the main advantage that a sunk float rather than a surface float gives you is that the rig will always fish properly as a surface float would have to be set perfectly to the depth.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about having a go on Saturday. Anyone have the means to tell me what conditions are likely to prevail down Berkshire way?

Thanks, chaps. ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Terry,both my self and Im sure Peter would gladly acompany you on these exploratory pike trips.I could advise on rig selection and Peter could give hourly weather up dates....................only problem is that we would all be bound to end up arguing about what to watch on the bivvy telly :lol:

Barometer has risen a bit here in Kent but not sure of the over all trend for the next few days. Pray for high pressure mate and good luck to you.

Oh one thing mate if you catch a good un dont post the pics on here mate....Eltons band width is nearly used up allready!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

High pressure for thye weekend. See the Metcheck forecast for Berkshire at http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks, lads.

Looks like it's on for Saturday, then. I'll file my report upon my return.

Oh, and if the fish oblige AND there's one worth a photo, I'll be having the weight checked by the Serious Fraud Office, Customs & Excise and a couple of CSI teams, at least. ;)

Best go Friday. All the pointers are to Friday. 15.00 to 15.35 to be precise.

Well, if you can't pin it down better than that, I'm not going to bother. :rolleyes:

35 minutes??? I could tie my latest turnaround-jumpkick-anti-skill-numptycatch carp rig in that time....or tune into channel 5 on my bivvy telly...or decant that rather remarkable bottle of port I've got...or re-posture spring my bedchair.

It's about priorities you know. :P

I did tell yer, you did have the chance. Saturday will be second best. 35 minutes will be the feeding spell, and it will be frantic. 'Spose you ain't up to it, old fella!

Says the bloke who was a prefect when Methuselah started school! :P

Do the pike ALL know about this 35 minutes, Pete? What if one snaffles me smelt outside the permitted spell? She'll be in trub, won't she?

This isn't all about the moon and that, is it? C'mon, fess-up old timer. ;)