Last Fling

maidstonemike

Cracking fish Mike, well done mate.

Scotty

Thanks Scotty, and the others. I said I wouldn't post again on here, went fishing, and caught my best ever fish. Aint life strange! I am still in shock.

HA! That serves you right! I hope you catch another 19lber just to rub your nose in it! Nah seriously mate well done!

Thanks, I do feel a bit of a plonker. Not believing a post about a big Cod at Dungeness, then catching a big cod. My face is red. I have had it confirmed by a local tackle shop that the Cod at Dungeness was in fact 27lb. A whopper. Also there have been a few 17 and 18 pounders along this stretch of coast. Very odd, but no mid sized fish, just lunkers.

You jammy dodger - not at all jelous you must understand

You can email me the pic if you wish and ill compress it.

I would have to mail you to your private address using outlook express. I am happy to send you loads of pics. Don't have your private e-mail adress.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A kind gentleman by the name of 'feels like winter to me' is compressing the pics for me to post.

I will do that this evening.

Must have a lie down!

Just goes to show Mike that you should never give up, the fish ARE out there to be caught despite what some people may say.

Yes, but this winter does seem to be very stange, throwing up a few big Cod. Not that i'm complaining. I did go with a plan in mind. Put it into practice, and it paid off. I have been discussing with my mate Codroamer about tactics. How we stick to one idea, like must have deep water beach, must have a gale blowing onshore, must cast at least 150yds for cod, best to use big black lug.

This fish was caught at a shallow water beach, there was no wind at all, dead calm, I cast a big bait 20 yds at most just after high, judging that fish would work along the beach at this time for food dislodged by the waves, and it would sink down the shingle slope close in.

I certainly have learnt a thing or two about Cod. At night, they will come right up to the surf like a Bass, even in calm water. I hope this helps you other chaps to catch one. I know what my tactics will be from now on.

I've managed to update my avatar with the fish in question.

Well done Mike,

The odd big one's still come in don't they :D

Heard a few to double figures were coming in the other night Folkestone /Hythe area. A 10lb Cod caught two rods up from me the other evening. Whole Squid 'the' bait at the moment apparently for Channel Whiting and Cod.

Dave ;)