Last Fling

maidstonemike

good on ya mike keep it up

hope the wee one is continuing to improve and cause less worry for all your family

have a great time when your next out not jealous or nothin' like :P

Thanks mate, the ' little one' is just fine. He had a brain scan, and luckily he has no sign of any damage. He is a tough little chap.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice fish Mike. I see you used some of your 47 years experience to get a "real" one ;) I bet it tastes great, with chips and rounded off with a fair slice of humble pie. Fair play to you mate.

Thanks, my biggest cod before that was 10lb, about 30 years ago! I was due another.

Well mike couldnt match yours mate but had a brilliant afternoons fishing.

started fishing just after 1 pm and for the first six casts had six cod the best went 8lb 4oz had 4 around the 5lb mark and 1 about 2lb weigd the bag of fish and it went just over 30lb some really nice fish also had the chance of another 3 fish dropped one off in the edge and missed two bites ,i only took10 crab baits with me just for a couple of hours fishing but i dont think i could have carried any more fish up the cliff it was like a bog nackered when i got to the top plastered in mud but well worth it. :P:D

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Top catch BC . Your now leading the heaviest fish outside of a match competition. Im trying my best to beat you but my best aint good enough.

Hi MIke.

Done what I can m8. Not sure what is the max file size for posting them up so ill give it ago. I'm sending the compressed ones back. File size is now about 50 percent of the original.

Mikes_codcompressed.jpgmikes_cod2.jpgMikes_cod3.jpg

Lost a bit of quality but you have the originals.

Once again - Nice fish m8

Nice fish, but you'll never fit it in that blender in the first pic :D

Great to see catches like that still happen!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

1. Just as the tide started to ebb, I thought I would lob a big bait just down the shingle slope, as fish work this on the ebb.

2. Dropped the rod on th beach, ran down and grabbed it's tail in one hand, and put my other arm under the massive head, and ran up the beach.

Very nice fish, and a stirring account.

1. Back in the sixties, fishing two rods, if there was a good surf, we would usually start by just lobbing one bait out 20-30 yards and belting the other out as far as we could. As soon as we established where the fish were, then both rods would be cast accordingly.

An amusing side issue was that a few indifferent casters who caught when the cod were close in, would then write silly letters to AT (which dealt with seafishing then) saying that long casting was unneccessary :rolleyes:

2. A classic finish! Man's second most powerful instinct is to remove a big fish as far as possible from its native element.

Well done again.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Well mike couldnt match yours mate but had a brilliant afternoons fishing.

started fishing just after 1 pm and for the first six casts had six cod the best went 8lb 4oz had 4 around the 5lb mark and 1 about 2lb weigd the bag of fish and it went just over 30lb some really nice fish also had the chance of another 3 fish dropped one off in the edge and missed two bites ,i only took10 crab baits with me just for a couple of hours fishing but i dont think i could have carried any more fish up the cliff it was like a bog nackered when i got to the top plastered in mud but well worth it. :P:D

Nice bit of fishing BC, to be honest, a big fish is terrific, but, a few good sized fish like you caught can be just as enjoyable. I probably won't see another Cod on my line for a couple of years down here!

But I will try!