Which reel?

mouroulis

Now't wrong with budget stuff, if it does the biz! Actually I never knew that it was a budget line, it was one that was recommended to me on AN several years ago & it suits me just fine. Not to say that there aren't better alternatives out there, just that I have never felt a need.to search one out. Budget for me is the rubbish sold by the ton at fishing shows.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daiwa Sensor for me, very dependable stuff.

Snap !.....best line available and sensibly priced. I've looked at lots of so called "better lines than sensor" only to find they're inferior to sensor. If I need better presentation I just use a low diameter bottom.

I often use a lubricant on my lines when float fishing. Whether I'd need it for G-Tec I don't know.

When I need a floating line I reckon Sensor is hard to beat.

A black line for float fishing, is that really a good idea? Must be very visible on a bright day.

I know theres nothing wrong with it i use it feeder fishing but for float fishing lower diameter can only be an advantage. Casting with g-tech is so much better than sensor.

I say budget line because you get so bloody much for the price.

I don't have any problems casting small floats with sensor. Casting is affected by everything not just line. Your rods guides, it's action, length etc. Then there's the size and weight your casting. Don't forget when fly fishing it's the line they cast and that's thick and heavy :).

The Mach 3 xt reels are very very good for their price.

Sport direct are doing Mach 2 FD for 21.00 - that is very good.

Line, I use sensor for heavier work and it does the job very well.

Drennen float fish good for up in the water waggler fishing and maxima if you need it to sink.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I often use a lubricant on my lines when float fishing. Whether I'd need it for G-Tec I don't know.

When I need a floating line I reckon Sensor is hard to beat.

A black line for float fishing, is that really a good idea? Must be very visible on a bright day.

it comes in clear too but all I can say is I have not noticed any ill effects of using black line.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Snap !.....best line available and sensibly priced.

One of these words seems to be out of place :bleh:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Andy_1984, on 31 Mar 2014 - 23:34, said:

it comes in clear too but all I can say is I have not noticed any ill effects of using black line.

I use a multi coloured line that is quite dark and have never noticed any ill effects either. (yes im agreeing with Andy!)

id tend to think a lot of this stuff about line colour is simply there to sell product. in my mind surely a clear line (like they ALL used to be) would be the best? or if anything a dark line will look more like floating debris or underwater weed or whatever?

if fish truly have issue with line colour how come you don't spook trout with bright yellow line? or can happily cast over carp with the same trout line without worry? which ive seen done for surface fishing for carp on trout tackle.