Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Just out of interest Janet, have you tried your manual settings followed by a shot in Auto ? I ask this, because I am getting the impression from you, that your camera takes rubbish pics in Auto.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Sorry if I gave that impression Den!

No, my camera is fabulous on auto, and I have absolutely no complaints. I'd recommend Olympus to anyone. I've been using manual only for the past few weeks because of the course I've been working on. We're only allowed to use manual, which is giving us a good grounding in how to choose aperture/shutter speed/ISO etc. Slowly, I'm learning how to manipulate the available light and get some semi-decent results.

I'm simply learning how to control things for myself, such as DOF. The auto settings, whilst producing excellent and near perfect results don't give any sort of control over that.

I do keep switching between auto and manual, just to compare what I've taken with what the camera would have chosen, and nine times out of ten the manual settings have provided a more pleasing result.

The course finishes this weekend...will I revert to Auto, or will I persevere with manual....watch this space!

Janet

And very valuable that course will prove Janet. I have sometimes used manual to get extra depth of field (or the reverse)

One of my pet hates is the "custard" effect when taking shots of moving water. A prime case for upping the shutter speed and brightening up in Photoshop :) and then it looks real :)

I do like the way you seem to catch the mood in your pics.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 2 weeks later...

Janet that is a picture of me :o when did you take it????

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

A nice, sunny day in the Wet, 32 deg C, looking at The Whitsunday Passage, left side in the distance is the mainland, Cape Conway, the right side is the southern bit of The Whitsunday Islands

THEROCKS003.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Nice one Bobj,can you show me that spot later on this year when we pop in to see you ??? :) Looking forward to it mate :sun: Lets hope the fish are biting as well :fishing:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Nice one Bobj,can you show me that spot later on this year when we pop in to see you ??? :) Looking forward to it mate :sun: Lets hope the fish are biting as well :fishing:

John

G'day mate, so long as you don't come here in April/May as we are heading to WA and the NT for a bit of fishing...And to see our grandkids and their parents.

It will be a pleasure.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Janet that is a picture of me!

You're not so far off the mark with that comment John! I actually had someone comment that they thought it was overprocessed, and didn't look quite real....

They thought it was a real fisherman! It's actually a statue in the middle of a small lake in Lowther Gardens in Lytham St Annes, and there's been no PP done to it apart from editing out a lamppost in the background.

Very envious of your forthcoming trip...I hope you're going to keep us entertained again?

Janet

You're not so far off the mark with that comment John! I actually had someone comment that they thought it was overprocessed, and didn't look quite real....

They thought it was a real fisherman! It's actually a statue in the middle of a small lake in Lowther Gardens in Lytham St Annes, and there's been no PP done to it apart from editing out a lamppost in the background.

Very envious of your forthcoming trip...I hope you're going to keep us entertained again?

Janet

Really impressed with your photography Janet,keep it up :) Just looking out of the bedroom window here its looking like a nice day - the sea is even looking blue instead of grey !!!!!! Off for a stroll along the foreshore after breakfast then,camera in hand. Will be shooting both in Raw and Jpeg just for a comparison.

Yes looking forward to our next oz trip immensely,what a great country it is. Another photographic diary from a 3 month tour is too much to take on Janet,the last one fair wore me out :rolleyes: Having said that will be posting a lot up anyway to share some of my trip with you.

Looking forward to meeting up with Bobj as well. Last time it was great having a day out with Hellbelly,fishing and photography :)

Catch you all later

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair