Bbc News - Boat In Trouble

bryan

whoever posted that needs a bloody reality check!

Well, he did apologize and I wonder how many of us on here have never posted something then regretted the tone or content later? I know I certainly have.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he did apologize and I wonder how many of us on here have never posted something then regretted the tone or content later? I know I certainly have.

Yep - apology noted and fair play to him for posting it.

I've posted tons in the past that I've regretted later :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think its only pair trawling thats not alowed inside the 12 mile limit, no dout some will put us right on that one(Leon).

RIP to those who lost their lives.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Thanks mate. Yes, sometimes a post comes across a bit wrong. I would not wish anyone dead, but also have no sympathy for idiots who break the rules. They have their selves to blame. On this occassion it appears to be a tragic accident.

As for the 12 mile limit, if it is only applicable to pair trawlers, then why the f*ck do they come inshore within a few hundred yards of the shore throughout the spring and summer months off the Sussex coast? They decimate the black bream and bass stocks and ruin the breeding grounds; and what is done about it? Nothing! Hope THEY sink!

He probably had every right to be fishing inside the 12.

Ben Bradshaw banned pair trawling for bass within the 12, but he couldn't ban any foreign boats which had historic rights. I think you'll find that the only boats who can't come inside the 12 are the scottish boats. No new boats will be allowed to come inside the 12 and pair trawl for bass.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

He probably had every right to be fishing inside the 12.

Ben Bradshaw banned pair trawling for bass within the 12, but he couldn't ban any foreign boats which had historic rights. I think you'll find that the only boats who can't come inside the 12 are the scottish boats. No new boats will be allowed to come inside the 12 and pair trawl for bass.

pair trawling, scallop dredging, beam trawling, stern trawling (pelagic/demersal) with single rigged multi rigged and triple rigged trawls by French, German, Dutch, Belguim registered vessels etc. etc. are variously permittted within the 6-12 mile limit, by way of historic rights exist, these rights varu by location. The fishermen who lost their lives were fishing in a position they were legally entitled to be in.

Edited by Marine Bill

pair trawling, scallop dredging, beam trawling, stern trawling (pelagic/demersal) with single rigged multi rigged and triple rigged trawls by French, German, Dutch, Belguim registered vessels etc. etc. are variously permittted within the 6-12 mile limit, by way of historic rights exist, these rights varu by location. The fishermen who lost their lives were fishing in a position they were legally entitled to be in.

Who has access to fish in whose 12 mile zone (but not within 6 miles), and for which species etc, is layed out in the annexe at the end of this document.

http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/dat...1en00590080.pdf

Tight Lines - leon

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sorry Leon I haven't read it - still haven't! I don't really care. I would like to see ALL foreign boats get a shot across the bows from a Navy frigate if they are even close to the 12 mile limit. I am full agreement with the Icelandic fishermen over this one. Keep the bu88ers out!! - Oh, and keep all the blasted nets outside 3 miles - minimum!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Sorry Leon I haven't read it - still haven't! I don't really care. I would like to see ALL foreign boats get a shot across the bows from a Navy frigate if they are even close to the 12 mile limit. I am full agreement with the Icelandic fishermen over this one. Keep the bu88ers out!! - Oh, and keep all the blasted nets outside 3 miles - minimum!

Why only the 12 mile instead of 200?!?

IMHO its telling that those on this forum that have experience of commercial fishing have issues with the politics of EU fishing, but have never gone down the "hate johnny foreigner route" (theres proberly a belgian and scots crew having a pint somewhere right now).

Know a lot about Icelandic fisheries then Simon?

Given what this thread is about, maybe you should read before posting?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net