From The Sublime To The Ridiculous

tugmistress

Guest Brumagem Phil
So they shouldn't respect MY wishes when in MY home then?

And yes I have the right to puff away in MY own home whether those around like it or not.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sorry but you dont have that right at all if it harms others!

Look, smoke has long been proven to be a poison, and whether its in your home or not, you don't have any rights whatsoever to inflict poison on another person who has to enter your home on a non voluntary basis.....ie as part of his/her job.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they shouldn't respect MY wishes when in MY home then?

Look at this way, Ant - they are there in the first place, presumably a) at your invitation and B) in order to help you in some way.

It may surprise you to know that some public service employees *actually smoke themselves* - yes - even doctors and nurses, and yes, you *would* think they'd know better, but there you are.

If it ever came to it, why not enquire when making the appointment if the person visiting would prefer *not* to be breathing fag smoke whilst they're in your house?

Oh damn, I *keep* forgetting that a b within a bracket comes up with that bloody "cool" face...

I'm sorry but you dont have that right at all if it harms others!

Look, smoke has long been proven to be a poison, and whether its in your home or not, you don't have any rights whatsoever to inflict poison on another person who has to enter your home on a non voluntary basis.....ie as part of his/her job.

So do you not drive along the road poisoning those "non voluntary" poor unfortunate kiddies that happen to be walking along the footpath?

Hillarious, I might just pop round to your home and insist on you turning off everything as you are contributing to global pollution.

:rolleyes:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

So do you not drive along the road poisoning those "non voluntary" poor unfortunate kiddies that happen to be walking along the footpath?

Not a valid point, Ant - I refer to a comment I made in a recent thread involving smoking:

"This business of smoke and how it can damage you is quite interesting. There appears to be a big difference between environmental smoke (so long as it doesn't contain particulates, which enter the lungs quite easily) and smoke that you inhale at close quarters as in smoking, or breathing in sidestream smoke (passive smoking)."

I can just imagine the scene.

A fireman gets a call-out to a fuel depot blaze..................."no chance mate, health and safety states all that smoke is gonna be bad for me". :D

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I can just imagine the scene.

A fireman gets a call-out to a fuel depot blaze..................."no chance mate, health and safety states all that smoke is gonna be bad for me". :D

Er...that's why fire-fighters wear respirators.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Hillarious, I might just pop round to your home and insist on you turning off everything as you are contributing to global pollution.

Oh dear, this argument seems to be getting rather irrational so before you start chucking pots n pans at me, I think i'd best duck out of this one :blink::rolleyes::unsure::P

Er...that's why fire-fighters wear respirators.

Perhaps all public sector workers should be issued with them for home visits <_<