What were they thinking?

severus

This happened in Minnesota this week. A very expensive mistake - not only are the vehicles severely damaged, they must be removed immediately or the owners face stiff fines from the state. You can see a tow cable in the second photo; I presume a diver in a dry suit hooked up the cable to the vehicle.

10.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

This is a photo I took today at a lake where I'm working. Notice the ATV tracks leading to a hole in the ice? Yep, you guessed it. There's a new 4-wheel ATV on the bottom in ten feet of water, about 50 feet from another one. About ten days ago two brothers that live on this lake were drinking stupid juice and decided to take their new vehicles on the ice for a ride. One of them nearly drowned, but they both got out. I was told that the lights from one of them were still visible under the ice the following day.

Selkirk_a.JPG

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Guest Finepix

I rode a ski-doo (ice bike?) over a frozen lake once in Finland. Luckily it was solid, and we also weren't told that it was a lake until after we'd crossed it, but of course we had to ride across it again to get back :o

Great fun though

:D

I read the original post a couple of times and I am still stuck for a printable reply :o:D:D

I suppose one could sum it up with one word "Lucky" :rolleyes::D

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

"well thats another ice mess you've got me into stanley"

"damn it Newt i know the paint scheme is iceberg white but that doesn't mean it has to be one"

"when they said you can fish from the truck on this lake i don't think this is what they meant"

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them