Members Photographs

TubularBelle

Our 13 yr old Blue Heeler Olly has lost the use of his back legs and we are looking into buying him one of those carts that carry him along but they cost around $900 for a dog his size. His front legs are strong enough to carry him but with the steps and hills I don't know if he would get much use out of it. HB thinks he will be walking him around the block in it, I said to HB I will wheelbarrow him around the block (him walking on his front legs while I hold his back legs up) and see if HE enjoys it. Have to drive to the country about an hour to see if we can hire one for a week or check them out. It's certainly hard to let go of your pets esp when with many of them as is the case with Olly, they don't look any different when they did when they were puppies or kittens so it is hard to accept that they are even OLD, let alone sick. Sorry to hear about your cat Julia.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Finepix
Our 13 yr old Blue Heeler Olly has lost the use of his back legs and we are looking into buying him one of those carts that carry him along but they cost around $900 for a dog his size. His front legs are strong enough to carry him but with the steps and hills I don't know if he would get much use out of it. HB thinks he will be walking him around the block in it, I said to HB I will wheelbarrow him around the block (him walking on his front legs while I hold his back legs up) and see if HE enjoys it. Have to drive to the country about an hour to see if we can hire one for a week or check them out. It's certainly hard to let go of your pets esp when with many of them as is the case with Olly, they don't look any different when they did when they were puppies or kittens so it is hard to accept that they are even OLD, let alone sick. Sorry to hear about your cat Julia.

Thanks Tracy

• 1 month later...
Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies
Granddaughter Morgan, taken a few days ago.

Most definitely a keeper. Love her blue eyes. :)

• 3 weeks later...

My family at my Mums 75th birthday. L to R - Back - Son Brett with daughter Angel, Son Adam with girlfriend Kahlia and Son Craig. Front - Bretts wife Kelly and son Bryce, Tracy (TubularBelle), Mum Florence, Michael (HellBelly), Craigs wife Maria and daughter Caitlin.

Aplinfamily.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!