Members Photographs

TubularBelle

Fruit of my loins, who managed to graduate on the hottest day in Wales since records began. Thanks son. Get your hair cut you scruffy whatsit.

img2765rd1.jpg

I think something may be coming through (at last).

img2777nu1.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is MOLLY, she's a 5 month old Border Collie and our newest family member. We were going to save up some money and buy a new dog for HBs birthday in October, even dogs without papers cost $600. But when I saw Molly (formerly Rita) for just $100 with papers I thought, why wait. Was also hoping she would be toilet trained already because of her age but she has spent her whole life so far outside, so a couple of nights of sleeping in our bed have been a real treat for her, and last night she slept all the way through! It's like having a new baby! Taking her up to the Goodwill store today to buy her some toys, she likes to eat socks and shoes and pizza boxes and tissues and those long sausage things you put across the door to keep the cold air out.

MOLLY the Border Collie

Mollywithball.jpg

molly5.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Nice healthy looking dog. Its a pity animals in UK are not so expensive, cos then there may not be so many abused or let out to roam the streets. Hope you have lots of fun with her.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Nice Collie TB and also nice to see you've brought another dog into your lives. Hope you have many good walks together. We've also just take the 'plunge' and bought another pup after more than 3 years without one. I'll see if I can remember how to upload a pic.

Our latest family member, Alfie:

IMG_0680.jpg

Paul

What an incredibly handsome looking dog. Hope HB doesn't see it, he wasn't impressed with Molly at first, said she was too skinny and scrawny, he prefers a more solid butch looking dog, like this one, but we'll fatten her up and take her on lots of walks and put some muscle into her legs. Took her to the National Park yesterday for two hours while taking photos for the new Comp, not much luck there tho even tho we found three koalas, but our camera is full of sand which shows up on the photos. Anyway, she loved it but is still very frightened of humans. Met a man with a 12x zoom digital camera taking pics of tiny tiny orchards, that was interesting. How old is Alfie? I heard that Boxers have a lot of back and hip problems, is that true?

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

He's actually a Bullmastiff pup TB - although similar to Boxers when young. The picture was taken on Friday (I think) when he had just turned 8 weeks. We've never had such a mischeavious pup before, he's into absolutely everything and shows a tremendous aptitude for gardening :rolleyes: The cat's not impressed with the newbie....lol

Paul

Oops, sorry about that, Bull Mastiff, I thought it might not have been a Boxer but couldn't think of the name. Now I really hope HB doesn't see him because we went to the Dog Home about a year ago and out of 50 dogs, only one was sitting quietly and inquisitively at the front of his cage checking out the humans, the rest were all barking madly or cowering in the back of the cage wetting themsleves. This dog was a 10 month old Mastiff, same colour as Alfie, wearing a HUGE studded collar, obviously someones loved pet. HB wanted to get it straight away, but I thought its owners would come looking for it, plus I was concerned about not being able to control him and of him being around my grand children, and of our elderly dog Olly not taking to him, even though it was obvious they could be well trained and well behaved dogs and we were both very impressed with him. We argued about it all the way home and 3 days later I conceded, but he was already gone.

We have two old cats who are very put out by our new family member, but Molly has copped two scratches and now steers clear of them so we hope a bond will form reasonably soon as we are feeling guilty now about upsetting them esp after losing their mate Olly. I was out on the lawn today with Molly and the cat and she was sneaking up behind her like a cougar and then she circled her several times (they love to round up things), but as soon as the cat arched her back Molly was off like a shot. We have already taught her to fetch the ball after only a few days, she is so clever, and sleeps like a baby at night, better, she doesn't wake up!

molly6.jpg

molly3.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle