Members Photographs

TubularBelle

Guest Jaybee

Another border collie owner here.

This is our third in 35 years of marriage, both the others living to 16 years old so this 3 year old has a while to go yet.

fritha.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shes lovely, more details please. I thought Molly was not a pure bred when I first saw her because she had short hair but the original breed has short hair. I've been reading up on them and the long haired breeds are not suitable as 'working dogs'. Someone asked the question about them being easy to train because they are so intelligent, and the response was that they are actually more difficult to train because their senses are so keen that if you change the command oh so slightly, ie: using a different tone of voice or a higher or lower hand gesture, that they interpret this as an entirely new command and therefore can get confused. Beautiful dogs. Molly ears don't stick up like that though, maybe they will when she is older, were your dogs ears floppy to start with?

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• 2 weeks later...

Great photo Clifftop, where was that taken. Is it near Edithburgh? How cool is that being built in Sunderland where you were born. Someone has posted some pics of Sunderland in the Non-Fishing forum, if you are interested I'll see if I can track them down, or was it here, can't remember now.

We have had a real backwards step with Molly. After sleeping with us and jumping on our heads for 4 weeks, she still hasn't taken to other humans yet and had a real scare on Friday when my son came bounding into the house and she bolted. It took me two hours to find her and entice her to come to me. We put a fence up on Saturday, but as soon as we got visitors she jumped the fence and bolted again, so we have to keep her locked up when people come over, and hopefully she won't jump the fence again if she isn't stressed.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, this thread had fallen all the way back to the 4th page so I wanted to bring it back to the fore and hopefully people will start posting some more pics.

This is me on You Tube doing a 'One Minute Shout Out', for 1 and a half minutes, yeh I know. Sorry about all the umms and I never knew I sounded so bloody Australian, crikey!!

You Tube is awesome!!!!

Will try honest :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy