Fish`n` strips

tonyfromalnwick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, I've not tried the strips, but have tried the crab juice, I didnt notice any difference in catch, I (as usual)blanked again, whats new. :rolleyes:BTW, Welcome to AN.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I have used them in the US and noticed no catch improvements, nor did any of my friends there.

Some people have used them over here and think they make a difference.

Its very hard to prove, one way or the other.

It seems you pays your money (they ain,t cheap) and takes your choice.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I would not say they are better than fish baits, but they work out a lot cheaper than worms.

I don't think I have given the strips a fair try yet.

Down here, Lugworm is £12.00 a lb.

I've caught on strips and mackerell just about the same when on adjacent hooks and wondered which was doing the attracting.

I ran out of squid one night and the next cast, with just the strips on, I had a Pout of about a pound on before I had tightened the line completely, but I had sprayed WD40 on them!

If you haven't felt a bite, there is a good chance that the strips are still on the hook after an hour. I wouldn't have that confidence in worm or fish bait!

I usually use about a third of one strip to hold the other bait on the hook.

From what I could see from dangling them down the side of a pier, they might be good for Wrasse in daylight. The little devils were at them as soon as they started to sink in the water.

I haven't fished off Portland since the son of a friend of mine got killed nearly 20 years ago, but these strips have given me the urge to try for those big Wrasse!

Off the beach, I have been using a small barbless hook on the back of the main hook to impale a cod liver oil capsule as an attractant. A barbed hook makes too big a hole for slow dispersal. I have had dogfish take the small hook!

Anybody else tried it ?

THE STRIPS HAVE COME DOWN FROM £12.50 to £9.00 a packet, but you now have to pay postage. This time I ordered 3 packets instead of 2!

[ 21. March 2004, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Talking about Fish `n Strips. Have you seen the ugly sod in their advert, in an `Anglersnet T shirt`? Wonder who that could be?

It seems he caught and returned a 10lb bass on the stuff.

What a nice fellow ;>)

:D:D Paul. :P

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

LOL Walked into my local tackle shop and saw that pic :D Enough to put anyone off

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Tonyfromalnwick have,nt even heard of anyone using fish-n-strips up here.Asked around most of

the lads, but no response so whether they do use it and it's good I don't know, but I would rather think they will stick to lug and crab.

blackvelvet

Blackvelvet - even if they never become a mainstay bait for you, wouldn't it maybe be nice to have a pack or two of 'emergency bait'?

The stuff will keep just this side of forever if in an airtight bag and out of the sunlight.

And for wandering the beach they are great since you can keep a supply of bait in a shirt pocket.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

I do that with lugworms, too :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

LOL Walked into my local tackle shop and saw that pic   :D   Enough to put anyone off    

I saw it in Sea Angling News, nearly cancelled my subscription

:D

As mentioned it is a good standby if no other baits are available. I was sent a packet, I tried it on its own and it did catch but did fresh baits. The best way that it works for me is that I cut a bit off, just enough to go over the barb, it helps keep soft baits (lug etc) on the hook for that bit longer. At least if you miss a bite you still have a bit of bait on. Not much help but it does have its uses.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/