Why is the sea salty

John Storey

While driving today, on an outing to our nearest garden centre my son Jack (7yrs) asked " dad why is the sea salty" my reply was I dont really know, he replied " when we flush the tolet does it go into the sea"? I replied only when it has been cleaned. on later investigation he thought the sea was salty from our wee. So to put his mind at rest we did a search on the internet and came up with. Weathering of continents, Hydrothermal vents, submarine volcanoes all contributed to a salty sea, all found on www.utdallas.edu/~punjana/oceans/why.

Worth a look.

Children don't you just love them to bitts.

Anyone else had good questions from their children, just in case Jack comes up with another one :blink:

Edited by John Storey

Howay the Lads

Children don't you just love them to bitts.

Anyone else had good questions from their children, just in case Jack comes up with another one :blink:

When he was about 7, we were having dinner when my son said "dad, whats a vibrator" , my wife nearly choked on her food, and looked at me. I replied that I had used them, (wife chokes again). I explained that I'd used them for getting air out of concrete after laying it. My son thought for a while then said "ben said ladies use them", I dont know then, I said I've never seen a lady laying concrete. My son looked at me as if to say I,ll get you next time! :angry:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

When my daughter was about 3 (25 years ago) :o

Sat downstairs on a bus on thosefacing seats. Guy sat opposite with a turban on. At the top top of her voice,god bless her, "Dad has he got a broken head" The whole bus fell apart, so did the turbanator as well :D:D

Precious moments or what?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

daughter no 1 came up with a good one when she was a toddler, her auntie had got pregnant but with no obvious boyfriend around, auntie being a midwife.

fortunatly i wasnt there at the time but daughter asked the question "how has auntie got pregnant when she is a midwife ?"

mother in law started to explain that midwives can get pregnant as well as other ladies, daughter breaks in and says "yes, but no one has stuck their willy up her bits"....................

glad i wasn't there

Ive been asked "whats a Bumble Bee made out of"

where do you start?

My friends daughter at a Baptisum asked in a loud vioce just at a quite bit in the service

"Dad why has mum got feathers around her Minnie ?"

Kids you got to love em

:D:clap:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

WHY THE SEA IS SALTY

MOBYDICK.jpg

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

WHY THE SEA IS SALTY

MOBYDICK.jpg

ive never seen one so small! :huh: