AskAnglers

Elton

Just given AskAnglers a facelift and hope to get to work adding some articles and the glossary over the coming month:

http://www.askanglers.co.uk/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

First time i've been on there looks interesting however the cycle for the articles at the top of the screen moves a bit quick for me to decide if I want to read more.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

First time i've been on there looks interesting however the cycle for the articles at the top of the screen moves a bit quick for me to decide if I want to read more.

Well decide quicker then :clap:

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Come on elton, I'm a lawyer, i always like the client to make the decisions

And then charge them for the privelege :D

Just given AskAnglers a facelift and hope to get to work adding some articles and the glossary over the coming month:

http://www.askanglers.co.uk/

Hi elton, just been on the site for the first time. The articles do move a bit fast but you just see something interesting and jump in. I was a little disappointed that the "Doubles" article didn't follow the line I thought it would, but I'll save that for a thread when I,m in need of a good rant. The article about perch and avoiding crayfish, reminded me of a method I haven't used in years. It works well in the warmer months, on waters where there are plenty of small fry. Take a crust, about 3-4 dia' fix it to your line trapped between 2 pieces of match stick( held by small float rubbers), about 4-6in under this have a hook with a small live bait ( rudd, roach, minnow) all have worked for me. Cast in and you soon have a crowd of fry round the crust which attracts the perch, the rest scatter leaving your bait the slowest to move. I used this on a lake near me with good results for the water, perch to 1.75 lb. I have also had chub on this method from slacks on rivers, especially when there's extra water in.

Back to the site,I found it good reading, your getting there, keep up the good work. :thumbs:

P.S. The waters I fished held few or no carp, hard to find now I know, but watch out for them using this method.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

its shaping up to be another great site & i'll be adding the news feed option onto my site,thanks

it should look something like this ( i'll be updating/revamping the site soon )

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/chavender/tips3.html

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Looks good Elton, mind you, was nearly put off by the first topic under general news....................................

Ring Removal !!!!

:headhurt:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

good job ol chap it's not easy putting a site together init... i had a wee shuffle around but ultimatly the first thing that stikes me (although cheesy) is the absence of an 'about' blurb first off.. short n sweet set as your index/homepage to give a brief overview to the site and what it's all about or vision statement hehe even if WE all know instinctivly. that way you wil natually get more neutrals (new to or just getting into fishing) to stop browse a little more than they would of.. impressions count and the first few seconds are vital to ppl staying on the site for long periods... i reckon it has potential and reckon it'll help by having that brief overview at the start..

only a suggestion, other than that great concept.. keep at it :D

peave n all tha :sun:

Edited by Blue Marlin