Ist day

JV44

Yesterday, after an hour of intense stalking through nettles, cow pats, and anglers bivvies, roving reporter, Stick Leback, captured the stunning image below, showing Chris Plumb putting his usual standard of intense effort into fishing :bleh:

14462971023_ce70614ce9_c.jpg

• Like 4

Well day two and I've had a barbel on the bank, happy days :)

Great stuff Matt, well done.

I was at Wallingford-on-Thames having more fun surfing, I only went for a couple of hours but ended up spending all day there. Loads of silvers and I lost a big perch which had grabbed a small perch which had grabbed my lobworm, I landed the tiddler. Don't suppose the big'un would have counted.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Cheers mate :)

IMAG2332_zpsacd45a4c.jpg

Not the biggest fish but very welcome, my heart leapt out of my chest when my rod buckled round and the ratchet started screaming!

That surf float is looking interesting! Is it easy to use?

Edited by viney

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Cheers mate :)

IMAG2332_zpsacd45a4c.jpg

Not the biggest fish but very welcome, my heart leapt out of my chest when my rod buckled round and the ratchet started screaming!

That surf float is looking interesting! Is it easy to use?

You found them, fed them and caught one so I'd say a plan well executed.

Once you've figured out how it works the surf float is easy to use. Firstly the shotting has to be precise (10% over-shotting is recommended) and then you need to adjust the line on the stems correctly, it does make a difference. Where I was today was about 40 yards wide and Steve got it almost half way across at one point, that was with a stiff breeze blowing at us.

It's a float for particular trotting situations, when the wind isn't helping you it'll still get a bait into nooks and crannies and keep it there if you want.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Matt I am a natural and Rusty`s crude attempts left little to be desired lol

Bunked off work for a while to pick up some halibuts pellets from Blakes and he was just round the corner so rude not to pop in and I caught my first fish of the season to''''''going to have to get one of those floats now blast him for showing me

Chris unlucky on the big perch mate we said it looked Perchy eh?? I am over the island tommoz getting the boat ready taking fishing gear to hide on her so if you fancy popping over give me a call ,lots of boats off on the system so plenty of trotting gaps

Edit well done on the barbell .

Edited by JV44
  • Like 2

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: