Eventually, a man just HAS to respond

Paul Boote

Take advice from this poster and stick to it then matey

"Time, I think, to leave you fellas.

I am a member, by the way, of lots (well, a number) of deserving angling orgs, under a different name (I value my privacy). Best that I stay that way, now, still, obviously. Maybe meet a few of you (as I do) anonymously, in the spirit of the sport and under our appalling British weather, on the riverbank. Tightlines to you all. Don't let the Predators get you."

"Don't let the predators get you."

Thanks for reminding me of that, "matey".

Leon / Newt / whoever:

Please delete my AngNet membership. I can't find a means of taking my leave in "Controls", but am sure that you can rid your boards of my Red Rag name!

Thanks.

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now see what you've done Jeeps !..... :headhurt:

I quite enjoy reading Pauls posts, trying to work out what he's saying and then Jeeps responses which need no translations at all.... :lol:

Do you think he means it ?

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Please delete my AngNet membership. I can't find a means of taking my leave in "Controls", but am sure that you can rid your boards of my Red Rag name!

I think all you can really do is stop posting. Even if 'deleted' you could always come back under a different name to respond to some post or other. Why not stick around?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Now see what you've done Jeeps !..... :headhurt:

I quite enjoy reading Pauls posts, trying to work out what he's saying and then Jeeps responses which need no translations at all.... :lol:

Do you think he means it ?

If you can be bothered, look back through the archive, and see how many times he's done it before :)

Bootey is a keen subscriber to Oscar Wildes philosophy that the only thing worse than being talked about is ................ not being talked about.

Bootey is a keen subscriber to Oscar Wildes philosophy that the only thing worse than being talked about is ................ not being talked about.

I know that quote. It went with "Your Majesty is like a big jam doughnut, with cream on the top"

p.s. sorry about the missing pint, my ma-in-law showed up. I'm hoping to escape Sunday afternoon down the canal ....

I'm off to brighton for a few days tomorrow, some ghosts that need busting :)

Take no guff! A loud "boo" normally sorts them out.

I know Paul loves me winding him up, it brings some sunshine into his otherwise joyless days, eh Paul ;)

I've never met Paul, or read/watched anything he's done, my opinion of him is solely based on his posts on AN before anyone thinks there's any ulterior motive or historical animosity behind my digs :)

I've just read a few of the links from Pauls post, and see he peddles the same whining nostalgic self aggrandising tosh all over the internet.

my last posting i said i didnt want to get involved in this but ive just changed my mind.

jeepster, please go do something more than constructive than winding people up who you know nothing about (i used to do it when i was 18, but i grew out of that a long time ago) .. from what ive read ur just a sad git with nothing much to contribute

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

my last posting i said i didnt want to get involved in this but ive just changed my mind.

Could you just explain to this slightly confused bystander why it is that you join on the 1st June and with your second posting resurrect a 6 month old topic which causes one member to want to leave?

Is there not enough happening currently to keep you amused or are you on some sort of witch hunt or is it just pure coincidence?