Your favorite methods?

Guest Josh Iddon

Steve you are right , fishing is so much fun that i can't choose what i do , so i love it all

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't answer this one! It depends on the time of year more than anything, but creeping about after small stream chub; stalking carp in quiet lakes; wobbling for river pike; sitting it out behind alarms for a monster catfish (still waiting...!); floatfishing for tench; flyfishing. It's such a diverse pastime, I couldn't bear to be a single-species or single-method angler - and luckily there are still a few things I haven't tried yet.

EDIT: This reply was a cop-out really. So, if I had to limit myself to one method for the rest of my fishing days, it would have to be ... waggler fishing. All the joys of floatfishing plus flexible enough for all species (including predators) and usable on both still and running water.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Blimey,,lets see,a tough one this!. Like most anglers on this forum i enjoy a bit of everything!!.From fishing for Zander on my local Fen drains,to trotting a stick on a small backwater in search of Roach and Dace.

I suppose its got to be in 2 parts [is this allowed!!].In winter my fav method would have to be quiver-tipping for Chub,and in summer trotting a float for whatever species i`m targeting at the time. :sun:

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

Topwater lures do it for me.

Never knowing just when something big and mean and ugly is gonna smash the lure.

Trying to force myself not to strike until I actually feel the fish; to maintain a steady retrieve even with the noise and sight of all the surface commotion.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Can I be the voice of dissent and put in a word for touch ledgering. Especially after dark, when a lifeless rod suddenly tries to head for mid river with a barbel attached.

The rush of adrenalin when that happens - that's what does it for me!

Peter

i would have to say, bolt rigs, 20mm boilies and a 150 yard cast and then falling asleep in a realtree bivvie!

only joking!

no, over the last season ive really honed my skills with the stick float. so my favourite method is the stick float, on a good small river, i like feeding a swim gently for 15 minutes pateintly then dropping the stick in, for it to go under the weight of a hefty chub. chub fishing is so much nicer with a float.

a nice float rod, reel and a small stick can feel so natural given abit of practice, people over complicate things in fishing, keeping it simple is nice. and they say not many people fish the rivers, well, all the more bank space for those that do.

dave

most if not all forms of float fishing,

i like to see a pike float go under as much as i like to see a stick float go under,i do like trotting,continually working the float,finding out little things make a diffrence,like holding back the float often picks me up better sized fish,i often get carried away catching me self a few baits!float fishing the margins with a peacock waggler for carp and tench too,then theres drifting for pike,again working the float and bait along.

chubber floats with big breadflake baits underneath...i could go on and on!

topwater lures are brilliant i agree with newt on that,very exciting method,love using rubber frogs n weedless lures over lilys n cabbge beds in summer.

i also have a healthy fetish for clear floats!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I never tire of Pike fishing because there are so many contrasting methods to catch them, different waters, different days, different methods. My favourite is whatever i caught my last fish on, so at the moment its lure fishing with a six foot rod & an ambassadeur :)