Undersize codling petition

Guest @Winter@

Guest binatone

Winter, I know that you don’t read my posts but maybe if someone highlights this one you may.

Firstly I would love to see DEFRA officials put on each boat during this fishery (for observational reasons) so that accurate figures can be established as to what is happening. You cannot take anything serious that is mentioned in a pub or by somebody that says that they where told by a friend, or work colleague something we are all suppose to believe.

If there is a problem with this fishery then it should be addressed. First of all they must confirm that there is a problem.

As for petitions am afraid to say your on a looser before you start. Getting signatures on this forum is the same as you going to the government with a petition signed by 99.5% of subscribers to a anti blood sport forum requesting an end to fox hunting.

The way that they stopped fox hunting was to get thousands of signatures from a wide spectrum of the general public. It was this and years of campaigning that led the labour party to put it in there manifesto prior to coming into power.

They will look at your petition and just say that if this represents recreational anglers then why have you not got the signatures of the other tens of thousands of sea anglers that fish in this country?

Therefore I take it they don’t agree with what you’re saying or secondly there not bothered.

I hope you all the best with what you’re trying to do. If you do get a few commercial fishermen to sign up it would have one hell of a swing to what you’re trying to do.

I cannot sign as my name is in my e-mail address. You would then know who I was, so I would have to kill you. We don’t want that now do we?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @Winter@

Very strange that Wurzel. He is hiding his name so that he doesnt have to kill me.

Funney that because its quite clear who I am, he has my name, he has my phone number, he has my address. He could do whatever he wished without me ever having to know his name. I arent the one hiding m8.

Brilliant ?? nah silly m8.

"You would then know who I was, so I would have to kill you."

Errr, Winter, that is a punchline that has been used (with many minor variations) as a joke for so long that even we in the Colonies are familiar with it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Winter, I know that you don’t read my posts but maybe if someone highlights this one you may.

Firstly I would love to see DEFRA officials put on each boat during this fishery (for observational reasons) so that accurate figures can be established as to what is happening. You cannot take anything serious that is mentioned in a pub or by somebody that says that they where told by a friend, or work colleague something we are all suppose to believe.

If there is a problem with this fishery then it should be addressed. First of all they must confirm that there is a problem.

As for petitions am afraid to say your on a looser before you start. Getting signatures on this forum is the same as you going to the government with a petition signed by 99.5% of subscribers to a anti blood sport forum requesting an end to fox hunting.

The way that they stopped fox hunting was to get thousands of signatures from a wide spectrum of the general public. It was this and years of campaigning that led the labour party to put it in there manifesto prior to coming into power.

They will look at your petition and just say that if this represents recreational anglers then why have you not got the signatures of the other tens of thousands of sea anglers that fish in this country?

Therefore I take it they don’t agree with what you’re saying or secondly there not bothered.

I hope you all the best with what you’re trying to do. If you do get a few commercial fishermen to sign up it would have one hell of a swing to what you’re trying to do.

I cannot sign as my name is in my e-mail address. You would then know who I was, so I would have to kill you. We don’t want that now do we?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi binatone, i am glad you like winter's petition? but i dont share your views on it being a waste of time, this may have been the case a few years ago but not now! things have changed dramatically you have to admit that you are now the minority and you dont have the nations larger sympathetic votes to rely on anymore, and that is something that i am sure that worries you, winters little petition has already been signed by people from all over the nation (i even live at the other end of the country) so its not just a few people from whitby you know, it wont be long before the numbers that have signed will reach four figures it is almost half that now in only a couple of days, so by the time this petition gets handed in i think you will be quite surprised and i am sure the powers that be will be impressed by the amount and how popular nationwide it has been around the country, and they will have no alternative but to act possitively to its requests, cheers.......

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest @Winter@

Sorry for missing the joke Newt. Given past track record of these 2 it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if it wasnt a joke. But no worries I arent so easily intimidated.

Cheers for the support Stavey it's much appreciated. How did you come on with wwf. I spoke to sea angler but I dont really expect any help.

Edited by @Winter@

Hi Binatone

Angling is a blood sport same as fox hunting yet the government ban one and not the other why's that?