10-15lb 49 strand wire

Anderoo

I think we're going to need clarification of this before the event. The official rules are very clear, if they don't believe in them and aren't going to enforce them they should tell the PAC to wind their neck in and stand behind what they actually think.

I wouldnt think its a specific type of forum that does it Steve, I take it as a general rule of thumb not to name waters (pike or otherwise) on the web, rule or not and I would hope that more people had the common sense not to do it.

What ya getting at Steve ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

who woulda thought it, zander anglers not happy about having to use wire complain and have their will impact on other peoples fishing, greedy busy-bodies the lot of them, eh Anderoo.

<_<

its all a bit laughable, funny old game this angling.

Impact on others fishing how?

Reason for not naming waters? Simple. Water gets named. Big pike gets targetted, big pike dies from poor handling. Seen it in several waters. IMO its pikers that are the biggest problem for pike, no-one else! You don't see this type of problem with other species. For example you don't see it with carp, carp gets caught, water gets named. Big named carp gets caught over and over again.

Personally I really don't like snap tackle. I think the double trebles are dangerous particularly in the wrong hands (the majority IMO). So snap tackle are dangerous should they be banned too? Or is legistlating to the lowest common denominator runing it for the sensible and careful?

tongue in cheek, Kappa. pro fluoro users now wanting a ban lifted while pike anglers get slated and blamed for having the rule imposed in the first place.

As for impact, pike anglers will now just need to put up and shut up if or when a pike dies as a result, but hey, so long as people can catch more zander right ?

no better than each other :rolleyes:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk