any paeleoentologists on the site ?

Zigs

it could well be human ,folkestone reveals some now and again (we found a complete leg bone one day)but i will leave it to a biologist /doctor to tell you about yours .

i remember finding a complete skull on the beach some 30 years ago same colour as yours ,i sold it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Ziggy,

I know it may take a little time, but go and get yourself onto the elist here ...

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/glaucus

it has proved invaluable to me for some of the weird and wonderful stuff we have found, the main man, Andy Horton is well into his fossils too :)

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

Can't make out whether its a ridge or a hollow running along the centre line.

Could you take some more pics , from different angles?

At the moment, I can think of a lot of things it MIGHT be !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

its probably a cavemans dinner if the calcium had been replaced or even a dinosaurs :o

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Looking at the small appature at one end and the distinct fracture that is apparant from the midway section right the way down to the end Making it look very much like a modern day screwdriver. I would say you have uncoverd a early Somerset cave mans Swiss Army Bone ! :P:lol:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

that small round hole could be a swiss army bone wire bender or glassless magnifier

that small round hole could be a swiss army bone wire bender or glassless magnifier

A distinct Possibillity esspiacialy if, as I suspect the bone Is from the Cro Magnon Period. Note the leval of Craftmanship involved . Ive only ever seen that degree of finnish on Later flint Models.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

on the other hand it could just be dirty and once was a display skeleton hence the hole for the wire ,probably chucked in the sea by poxy students in a prank and they were too **** to get it back or so high on stimulents they saw it as a reveared god thus leaving it alone .

any way i blame someone for something at sometime somewhere ,sometimes

SORRY Ziggy for highjacking your thread, I belive most local musiums

have a Natraul history section and accsess to a local expert.try there. Id be Chuffed if I was right though.

انا آكل كل الفطائر