Television shows

Guest sandpipper

Guest sandpipper

You were a kid for a long time there a few years between some of those!

Dan dont you start its bad enough with me misses keep telling me to grow up lol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TALES FROM EUROPE= ANYONE REMEMBER THE NAME OV THE ONE WHERE THE KID WAS TRYING TO CATCH A MONSTER PIKE. :sun:

I don't remember the name, but I remember a lot of other stuff about it. The kid's main motivation was to protect his "pet" carp that lived in the river. He'd previously caught a good perch and, following local tradition, had killed it, split it open and nailed it to a shed door! :blink:

He failed to catch the pike until he followed his grandfather's advice to use a small eel as bait. When he finally hooked it, it broke his line, and was finally beached by the kid and a long line of his mates wading through the water!

It made a big impression on me (can you tell?) - I must have been 12 or 13 at the time, so that would have been about 1966/7...Polish, wasn't it?

Anyone remember space patrol?

The poor man's Fireball XL5! Captain Dan Dart, a Martian called Husky (!) and a (possibly gay) Venusian called Slim.

The same "taking off" sequence used *every* week, with the spaceship being a thinly-disguised gyroscope...

"Space walks" involving jet-packs that were quite obviously lit sparklers stuck in the puppets' backsides...

"Gamma rays on! Yobba(?) rays on! All in order, Captain - I'm ready!"

"I wish I had some Martian sausages!"

Great, wasn't it? :headhurt:

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but we used to watch a programme called The Herbs. I remember because after it came on tv. I acquired the nickname Parsley...............

I remember that one. It was written by Michael Bond of Paddington Bear fame.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote