New Boy! - Caper v Prowler 13

kishkash

Oh for the ambiguity of the english language. (and probably my spelling).

I have to say Andy when I read Bills post I didnt see any intended slight. I enjoy your site and would recommend it to anybody.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy,

I enjoyed the site also and would like to continue but I am still having trouble getting the page to load on my P.C for some reason. I did sent you a post explaining my problems using my alter ego 'kayakadakadingdong' but then I could not log on using my other P.C (i.e the works) to see if you had replied. The P.C gods have been against me recently and like Ziggy Stardust, Kayakadakadingdong no longer exists as an entity but Nemo would quite like to continue on the site (which was/is/could quite possibly be still, a great and informative site)

Cheers,

Kaya...............'erm Nemo.

Nemo,

Perception Freedom Angler

Me & Bill go back a bit with regards to "my site" & that last post is a just what I wanted to hear! 10 months of daily tweaking in a site then to be told you "popped up" is likely to hit a nerve, especially after the week I've had. and especially after watching the Toon just beat a hearty SOTON side with 8 cans of LCL & a btl of red :D

(to Rich - Thanks for the call, I've been editing & hacking PHP files all week, as well as creating my own site theme including the stylesheet which I'm quite proud of) ;) do ring back as I've got loads to say ;)

It's not about who was here first or who started whatever, it's about sharing info & helping out. If we all stick together in the UK & help put Kayak Fishing on the map then we'll have a good place to be. KFUK was put up cos there was nowhere for ppl to post and the two forums co-incided unfortunately & I paid for the site hosting etc so may as well go for it now. I can't speak for others but all I wanted was a place for us to post in the UK & now there's two so lets get on & put UK Kayak Fishing on the map. :thumbs:

Bill your aareet ;)

Andy

KFUK

[ and especially after watching the Toon just beat a hearty SOTON side with 8 cans of LCL & a btl of red :D

hope you got a hangover :wallbash: only joking Andy-I'm not into football-how could I be coming from Southampton :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Andy.

Im glad thats sorted out.

Where the confusion seems to be , with regard to the sites Co-insiding, Elton didnt put up the official " Kayak Fishing forum " on Anglers Net for some time after we started posting on here in the beggining, when we were guests on the "Sea Fishing Forum"

The Kayak Fishing threads were started on, or about the 21 April 2004 , this is when I first asked if there

were anymore Kayak Fisherman about, or anyone interested in starting in the sport.

Have a read of the link below, and see what effort has been put in, to get where we are now.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...1&st=&p=entry

I hope this clears up any further confusion.

Cheers.

Bill. :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

sorry i havent been back to the thread for a few days!

seems its grown into a beast. i have a few suggestions for all parties if any at all are interested.

i'll be able to chat 22nd after 6pm

do all of you use msn - we could join a conversation

i suggest we all get together in a convo or what ever, but i know i want to, and am sure u all want to take this forward.

all the best

rich

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Hi all

had a few chats with a few people regarding website stuff - thanks to those that got back to the odd pm and call.

Back to the ORIGINAL POST:

Cant afford pedal power in the form of the hobie (bloody women ;) ) and the caper sounds a little too slow (but cool) for me, so have struck a great deal with dave in woolacombe on a p13 (in boring yellow) and am picking up tomorrow on my 10' fiesta - haha!

just been down to halfords and bought a roof rack - if you're on the roads around woolacombe tomorrow watch the hell out.

Cheers dave

http://www.northdevonkayakcentre.co.uk

so i go from fat old lady:

http://www.firefuel.co.uk/shirley.jpg (dont worry its safe)

to 13' 0" hot blonde with hidden depths and a thirst for more.....

may the story roll on.....

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Kishkash, nothing wrong with the yellow. The new OK yellow is pretty special. Just dont go wearing a funny hat! :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

nice one Dave-make sure it's a NZ p13 that you get. It's easy to tell the NZ one has small scupper holes in the seat area and large ones at your feet-good luck mate :thumbs:I thought funny hats were mandatory

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph