New Boy! - Caper v Prowler 13

kishkash

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Speciman, for me the P15 is better in the water, it holds a line better then the P13 I had and maybe to my mind is more easy to paddle. But please bear in mine that my old P13 was filling up with water faster then a subs Q tank. I do nowever find the P15 a hand full when loading onto the roof, maybe thats why its remained on the roof for the past two weeks from its last outing, :blink::blink: terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Kishkash and Nemo.

Take a look at the link below.

This is a terrific site that offers a wealth of info, from choosing a Kayak to rigging it, what to wear, safety etc.

Before you make too many choices, it may help to have a good read.

http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/Articles...tion/Index.html

Hope you finfd it a help.

YY :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

cheers YY

good info - how come we dont have that kind of info on our site?

who owns this site?

im a web designer/developer and would love a chat with the guys that run it

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Hi Kishkash.

This is where Kayakfishing started on the internet in the u.k.

There was no u.k. Kayak Fishing Forum.

When I first put the idea on the Sea Fishing Section, it was treated with varying amounts of scepticism.

In the beggining it was me and Starvinmarvin battling through some pretty doubting people, and answering some awkward and probing questions, we are by no means experts, but we battled through.

As time went on the guys on Anglers Net began to accept us, and the idea of Kayak Fishing.

Interest grew at a rapid rate, and Starvinmarvin set up Anglers Afloat.

Then Simon Everett came along and realy put Kayak Fishing into the fishing media via the magazine Boat Fishing Monthly.

Elton the owner of this site, saw that the Kayak Fishing was starting to gather momentum on the sea fishing section, and kindly gave us the Kayak Fishing Forum Hosted by his site Angler Net.

Another site popped up which is Kayak Fishing u.k. run by Andy.

The u.k. is crying out for a site like Top Kayaker net, and it would be well established by now, by myself if I had the computer skills and time needed to get it running.

Good information and reference is always welcome, we all do our best here to help eachother, but we do not have any experts.

So there you have it.

YY :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

And there endeth the first history lesson, well nearly... there is of course the new forum up in North Wales, big following up there around Anglesey with a very active club.

Top Kayaker is very good, they seem to have done a lot of work recently with quite a few new articles. Like you say Bill it's a lot of work and the yanks have been at it a while longer than all of us.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Another site popped up which is Kayak Fishing u.k. run by Andy.

Hi lads, its total coincidence me getting in here now after fixing the site but..... I'm a very outgoing & easy going bloke & very open minded but feel I must comment on the info posted by Y.Y above as I certainly don't see things as they seem to have appeared & as described.

I came into AN last April to try & broaden the horizons of my popular North East Angling site and to pay for advertising for it which I did. While I was in the site I found a thread in the Sea Angling forums here about "kayak fishing" and was amazed that others shared my enthusiasm & didn't think I was mental in any way as I'd been doing it for ages! I posted as such & it went from there. As the interest grew, I saw the potential for our own "yak fishing site" in the UK so set about putting it up as there was nowhere for me to post except the US sites & the sea angling forums here.

I registered the KFUK site on May 10th 2005 (or there abouts) then posted in the new "kayak fishing forum " here that I was going to set a site up & about four days l8r the forum had it's own domain name (kayak-fishing.co.uk) linked to it. Now I'm not selfish or bitter & am quite willing to share the net 'cos to me thats what it's about, "sharing information" but to say we "popped up" is degrading. To say the site is run by me (Andy) is quite fair seeing as I do all the background work & am always there right now & Ray works so many hours nightshift but we run it together (could use a hand though). I'm surprised at your reaction Bill given the PM I sent you. We've got ads to this forum plastered all over the site, RSS feeds are set up but need a scrolling layer inserted to save space otherwise you'd have a direct link to here from our home page! are willing to help in any way we can & all we get is "they popped up". I'll go deeper if needed but don't want too & just want to promote the sport.

Richi, your very much like me m8, I like to play a bit & choosing a yak to suit both fishing & surfing is a no goer I'm afraid. I've got a Perception Scooter which I could add rod holders too but the rear storage is minimal anyway, poor for snorkelling gear too but gr8 in the waves & surprisingly manouverable in surf! I'd go with a Caper 2nd hand if I were you as an allrounder but I recall you buying a P13 so maybe you've decided to leave the waves alone like me, :(

Andy

KFUK

post-7370-1140338361_thumb.jpgAndy I think you've got the new boy Kishkash and me mixed up-why would I buy a second hand Caper when I've just got rid of one.Although I had lots of fun in the Caper my opinion of them is the same as the lads from Bournemouth canoes -the Caper is for playing around with.If you want to get serious the new Prowler is the way to go :thumbs: If you want to get no-where fast in any wind buy a Caper

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Andy.

I was trying to give " Kishkash" a bit of the history about how Kayak fishing came to the interenet in the u.k. in the beggining.

How things have progressed from that rickety start here on Anglers Net, to what we have today.

When using the term " poopped up " which appears to have offended you, it was meant to be a friendly use of words, not a......." Ohhh heres another one Popped up", which I think is the way you have taken it to be meant.

No slight on you or your site intended.

This isnt an issue of who started Kayak Fishing first for goodness sake.

People have been doing it in the u.k. for YEARS, its nothing new.

What is new is the fact that, via the internet, and some publications in Magazines, and of course word of mouth from fisherman to fisherman ,the number of people entering the sport has increased rapidly, sales of Kayaks gone through the roof.

Not everybody entering the sport has seamanship skills, many have proberbly not spent much time actualy on the water in thier own boat, let alone in a kayak floating around.

So to have a site akin to Top Kayaker Net where information is stored and always availiable for people to read and learn from makes a lot of sense, well , to me anyway.

I keep banging on about the safety issues involved in the sport, and take a fair amount of flak sometimes.

Mainly I think to the fact that I dont explain myself very well, or choose my words carfully.

My first and only thought is for the well being and safety of people Kayak Fishing.

Ive had comments from people in the past like....Im big enough and old enough to look after myself.

This may be true in some cases, but there are others out there who need a little help and I hope appreciate the efforts of people here that do try to help them.

Storing all that info would be a bonus, as a lot of very good points get lost on the threads here.

Thats it.......Ill get my Tin Hat AGAIN !! :headhurt: