Passion

Guest Silver Back

Tell me please, why do anglers get so passionate, wrong word, 'unpleasent', thats better. They are intelegent (perhaps not?) they can get out of their pram at something, that frankly, is not worth the shake of a 'nats c . . . k'! They can't accept that others have different opinions, views or values. Its no wonder I keep myself to myself, selecting my company very carfully!

I have recently been on other Forums, even when a controvertial question is posted, views are expressed, but in the best possible tast, with good infomation coming out of it too!

It don't seem to matter sea of course 'dangling', a lot of you are no better than the individuals you complain about, grow up, get a life.

Have a pop at me, be my guest, it might make you feel better, I realy dont care. :2::clap::yeah:

The one thing that I can say is that AN (fishing section) has attracted some poor contributers. Sorry Elton if you read this. I cant stand the child like mentality, the 'attitude' is appaling, the sort of thing one would expect out side the pup on a Saturday night from p . . . d up yobs!!! :yucky::yucky::headhurt:

:ph34r: CJS2

Edited by CJS2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...and there was me thinking things had settled down lately.

Ho, hum....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I wonder if this is a reference to a post I made in the non fishing forum in "locked threads"?

I used the word passion when referring to AN, and also compared it with other forums I've looked in on.

My views on the other forums were not as favourable as CJS2. I still think that AN is better than the onesI've seen.

If I found one that was more to my taste, then I would use that one instead.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I wonder if this is a reference to a post I made in the non fishing forum in "locked threads"?

I used the word passion when referring to AN, and also compared it with other forums I've looked in on.

My views on the other forums was not as favourable as CJS2. I still think that AN is better than the onesI've seen.

If I found one that was more to my taste, then I would use that one instead.

Refereance generaly to what has been going on over the past few months on AN sea/course forums. Fortunatly, provided Elton dont take 'umbrige' to my inital coment. NA has some good members, as I said I've been diping in and out of other subjects on site, most enjoyable. However to clear any miss-conceptions I finaly saw red on 'Mad I nearly started swearing' just so we have it right?

:ph34r:

Refereance generaly to what has been going on over the past few months on AN sea/course forums. Fortunatly, provided Elton dont take 'umbrige' to my inital coment. NA has some good members, as I said I've been diping in and out of other subjects on site, most enjoyable. However to clear any miss-conceptions I finaly saw red on 'Mad I nearly started swearing' just so we have it right?

:ph34r:

What part of it upset you CJS2, Ferrets actions or the comments about it?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Cliffe CJS2

I think you got it just about right and can concur with your views on general unpleasantness and general damn bad manners when someone offers an alternative opinion. We should be big enough as individuals to realise that others can and do have different views without falling out and being downright rude to one another, I think I made the same or similar points in the thread that you allude to

tis all well and good being polite and well mannered for the majority of the time, especially as manners denote upbringing, but there are some people and some views that are absolutely worth falling out over. definitely not he petty stuff but i recently was rude to a poster who was enquiring about using protected species as livebaits, my only regret is that i wasnrt rude enough and it wasnt a real life situation. my point is that people do feel strongly about certain issues, and being rude to someone based on ones opinions is merely an outlet for 1s frustration. you cant have a punch up over the net and you cant only resolve every issue by being polite.

Edited by zedhead

Tell me please, why do anglers get so passionate, wrong word, 'unpleasent', thats better. They are intelegent (perhaps not?) they can get out of their pram at something, that frankly, is not worth the shake of a 'nats c . . . k'! They can't accept that others have different opinions, views or values. Its no wonder I keep myself to myself, selecting my company very carfully!

I have recently been on other Forums, even when a controvertial question is posted, views are expressed, but in the best possible tast, with good infomation coming out of it too!

It don't seem to matter sea of course 'dangling', a lot of you are no better than the individuals you complain about, grow up, get a life.

Have a pop at me, be my guest, it might make you feel better, I realy dont care. :2::clap::yeah:

The one thing that I can say is that NA (fishing section) has attracted some poor contributers. Sorry Elton if you read this. I cant stand the child like mentality, the 'attitude' is appaling, the sort of thing one would expect out side the pup on a Saturday night from p . . . d up yobs!!! :yucky::yucky::headhurt:

:ph34r: CJS2

If you think this is pasionate or unpleasant, try the scrumV rugby forum on the BBC's website, makes this look like a Saturday afternoon tea party