match fishing magazine

maver_fan

I have just finished reading the april issue of match fishing and they have a competition to win daiwa's latest "product". It is system to fill your pole with helium to float it above the water. (alledgedly at up to 25m).

i think this could be a wind up. any one else agree?

Quite probably true.

A number of double glazing companies use gas filled sealed units, it reduces the weight and thus the loading on the building. This means that less expensive foundations are used.

This same technology is used to the manufacture of a nunber of items where weight, such as in fly rods, is important.

Edited by Peter Waller

I have been in the habit of filling my van tyres with Helium, makes it fly along, you hardly feel the bumps in the road.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Helium is notorious for leaking out of containers because the gas simply sqeezes through the gaps between the molecules of whatever you store it in.

If the system is of good quality, it will have a valve to allow you to top up the Helium syly - the best ones are compatable with the tanks ued at McDonalds so that you can refil for free.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Why not have several helium filled balloons attached to your pole?

More balloons the longer the pole.

Better still attach them to yourself, then you could float to any swim you fancy, no casting needed! :blink::blink:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I wouldnt have thought that the internal volume of helium would be enough to make any real noticable difference to the weight of a pole.

Plus it couldnt be under any deal off pressure as it would be required to conform to standards that govern pressuirised containers.

Me thinks its a leg puller

Me thinks its a leg puller

Surely not.......................................

:rolleyes:

I like Gozzers sugestion best...you could use a 3m whipp at 13m then.Ken your a scientific minded guy..I weigh 25stone how many ballons from Mc Donalds would I need? :unsure::g:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Surely not.......................................

:rolleyes:

I like Gozzers sugestion best...you could use a 3m whipp at 13m then.Ken your a scientific minded guy..I weigh 25stone how many ballons from Mc Donalds would I need? :unsure::g:

Hell of a lot, Zeplin maybe? ;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John