Fishing for Asians

Leon Roskilly

brum, my main point is why bother forcing our traditions on those who clearly do not subscribe or respect any part of it? its just a big waste of time, how will it improve anything?

Zed - suppose ......

you're first generation descendant of Brit immigrants in, say, Greece (just to pick a random country). You feel different, don't feel that welcome, feel a bit out of place. You might quite fancy getting down to the weekly backgammon tournament at the taverna, but don't feel that confident about "mixing". Not sure of the rules, the etiquette etc. Now suppose some locals decide to spend a few Euros on "integrating" these new Brit-Greeks with a special backgammon night, maybe with translators, maybe laying on steak+kidney pie and brown ale (;) ), etc etc.

Wouldn't that be a positive move, well worth a few quid expenditure? Integration doesn't always happen easily or quickly. Sometimes people make an effort that looks like special or favourable treatment, but - for sure - emotional bludgeoning of anyone different until they "fit in" is a destructive way to go.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
At last your true colours shine through!

The one thing I hate about half these closet racists is how they aint got the courage of their convictions! I dont like the BNP but I will at least respect them for being open and honest.......more than can be said for a few on this board.

It seems to me you are another of those anti white wierdo's and have a fetish for other skin tones and races.

They reckon a Transvestite is a woman trapped in a mans body, maybe you'r trapped in the wrong skin tone or race?

At last your true colours shine through!

The one thing I hate about half these closet racists is how they aint got the courage of their convictions!

The trouble is, there are laws against saying what we might think!

It can't be brushed under the carpet for ever though.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest Brumagem Phil
It seems to me you are another of those anti white wierdo's and have a fetish for other skin tones and races.

They reckon a Transvestite is a woman trapped in a mans body, maybe you'r trapped in the wrong skin tone or race?

Yawn, that time already?

But what is immigration?

I used to have a pub and caravan site up in the heart of the Norfolk Countryside. One of our clients, and eventually a good friend, was a bloke called Harry. Harry was London, through and through, and a right Alf Garnett. Harry announced he was going to retire and move up into the village.

Why move up here, Harry, living here is one thing, having a holiday home is another? Harry was adament, to get away from the 'king blacks.

Okay, Harry, but where have us country folk got to go to get away from you 'king Londoners?

Great indignation from Harry, but he was white! Its not your colour Harry, its the change that you will inevitably bring about by moving up here. No, its not your colour, its the threat to our culture, to what we are comfortable with that concerns most of us.

More about the project.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/wales/south_west/4873668.stm

About integration, as I said a long while ago here, you see?

Sound lady, Nica Prichard.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

"Women, children and ethnic minorities are being encouraged to take up fishing, a pastime seen more traditionally as enjoyed by men."

Now that statement is a little bit more aceptable to me than the first "asian women" one.

Im all for more people being brought into angling regardless of race,creed,colour,sex or age.Money spent on that is ok by me.Turning angling in fact I should say "hi-jacking" angling to play the race/racist/equality card isnt.

Glen B's post about helping minorities intergrate has made me think though.I would hate to think that anyone was missing out on a chance of being involved in angling because they "dont think they would be welcome".

It is though something that surely happens over time as I hinted at in my first post.Subsequent generations become far more integrated er if your an old fart try going out to a night club or "fun pub" you will see far more integration of younger people than we ever did in our day.

As I said I see Glenns point and it has made me think about this whole issue in a different light.My only concern is that many peoples motives wouldnt be as simple and constructive as the one he puts forward.

Helping "speed things up" is ok but I feel that it is something that will happen over time any way.

BUT horses for courses.Let the EA concentrate both its time and (our) money on its primary tasks and not get involved with any thing like this.After all we wouldnt expect our local Muslim Mums Centre to start policing rod licences would we..........all though they would most likely make a better job of it....

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest tigger
You are so clueless you go beyond stupid and ignorant into the world of the bizarre!

That sounds like a very good description of yourself :lol: