Fishing for Asians

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt it save them more time and money if they just netted the venues them selves and deliver the fish to there door direct :schmoll:

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Keith had an Asian (well descendant) call in on his radio show this morning, he told us that he has the full beard and turban...but not the accent!!! He said that after a while once his fellow anglers realise that he can actually fish a bit ,that he is accepted as just another angler...although he does get fed up with people asking him if "What are you going to do with those fish?" and "Are you going to eat them?"

For me that is not a racist issue..it cannot be... for I have been asked that question dozens of times over the years by non anglers!!

As for ANY person wanting to get into angling I say this;

Les Webber and all the work he does is the way forward, he has managed to get angling onto the school curriculum in several local areas, now, it stands to reason, ALL the pupils ( whatever colour,creed or religion) will be offered the same tutoring... therefore it will be a natural ,easy progression to take into adulthood , so my message to the EA or any other organisation wanting to spread the Gospel of angling is this; Put the full financial weight and expertise of your organisation behind people like Les , there is no need to construct another program because Les Webber's way is the best way.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Angling IS open to everybody, but to target people because they ARE female AND Asian by descent or birth is absurd. If the Government were to target European white male hetrosexuals there would be all hell let loose.

Why do we have to put labels on everybody?

Angling IS open to everybody, but to target people because they ARE female AND Asian by descent or birth is absurd. If the Government were to target European white male hetrosexuals there would be all hell let loose.

Why do we have to put labels on everybody?

HERE, HERE,

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

It all depends upon whether we want to be a vibrant multi-cultural society, celebrating the richness of our different cultural origins

or a cohesive integrated society, made up of a common people from many different backgrounds.

Some people think one way is best, others the other, and sometimes some people think one way, other times those same people think the other!

Get rid of the Tandoori house and replace it with Joe's Greasy spoon?

Allow Yorkshire, but not Punjabi?

Anyway, people tend to stick with what they know, especially when they have the option of keeping with their 'own kind'

Look at the way people's eyes light up when they see a familiar McDonalds amongst the foreign eateries when on holiday; the ex-pats in 'EnglishPubs' in Spain etc

Showing people who are living with their own familiar customs part of the otherwise unexpected richness available in the country in which they live has to be applauded.

They then have the choice of which they were unaware.

Unfortunately that doesn't usually happen without some kind of intervention.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Intervention is fine, Leon, and I applaud your sentiments, but it is all too easy for the whole issue to become one of reverse segregation, so to speak. By targetting a group, by putting people into a catagory, it is easy to create division.

A trip to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam is a must. The point is made there that without barriers and labels we cease to have segregation and conflict. Some truth in that.

Edited by Peter Waller

Peter , well is that not what I am advocating? Get Angling on the School curriculum NATIONALLY, the rest will take care of itself, no segregation,no special treatment..just teaching all the young kids in this Country how to enjoy a fantastic Pastime/Sport , look at football,cricket ,rugby etc... this is the best way forward and it is not false.. it has integrity , When I read of this scheme or that scheme I cannot help but get annoyed , so, the EA have some spare money to use up from their advertising budget do they? well why do they not pick the phone up and talk to Les? in fact why does this bloke get absolutely no help from the people that govern and legislate our sport/pastime? his way is the best way... teach em young ..teach em at school and teach em no colour or creed issues whatsoever..for Christ sake it ain't rocket science......rant over.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]