It's getting towards 'the time'

Anderoo

The sun block has all been used, the endless BBQs in the warm evenings have fizzled out and the long, blissful summer is coming to an end, leaving us all feeling satiated and charged with sun, warmth and happiness.

:rolleyes:

I haven't fished properly since early July - just a couple of short trotting sessions to keep me sane - and the whole of the horrendous summer was taken up with an endless line of tasks and duties. Another year of no chub stalking, surface carp fishing, chugging surface lures for pike, baking by a hot pond or being tortured by nettles and grass seed along overgrown river banks. Maybe next year?

But now I'm free for the rest of the year! After such a forced absence I'm desperate to get back out there and try again at some of the many things I want to achieve this year. OK, the summer was awful but think of what's to come - giant perch, nocturnal zander, river carp, grayling, big dace and roach, maybe even barbel! There's pike, another crack or two at monster bream, winter chub fishing when it's so cold you wonder if you'll make it back to the car OK, I can't wait!

And next summer, catfish B)

I think at the weekend I'll do my long-promised first attempt at a decent Thames carp. The river looks in good nick at the moment, I'd better take the opportunity while I can...!

How about you? What's left on your list this season?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The endless BBQs in the warm evenings, the long, blissful summer and feeling satiated and charged with sun, warmth and happiness.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest tigger
The endless BBQs in the warm evenings, the long, blissful summer and feeling satiated and charged with sun, warmth and happiness.

Err....Mmm.....snap :huh:

Our summer was written off whatever the weather was going to do. Hopefully we will be right for the Timsbury Fish in.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Not over yet!

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

Added : Wed 27 August : 07:10 BST

Despite the lack of any sustained sunny spells as yet this week, the continued development of high pressure during the remainder of the week will finally produce some more worthwhile spells of sunshine.

Not only that, but the high pressure will be responsible for dragging up some very warm and increasingly humid air from the south. At the moment maximum temperatures by Friday and Saturday across the south maybe as high as 27C or 28C, how's that for a change in the weather compared to the last number of weeks?...

The very warm and humid end to the week is expected to continue into the weekend for a time but it won't last very long as unsettled conditions arrive from the west over the weekend. For more on that take a look at the below early weekend outlook.

All in all, dust off the BBQ and dig out your shorts a late taste of summer is on the way!...

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

(I really need to top up the mackerel in the freezer before Summer finally ends)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

No Leon, summer is officially over. Our resident robin has started singing his autumn song.

If the sun comes out, I will put my winter shorts on :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Like you I've already been planning my Autumn/Winter campaign for all the usual suspects having achieved my summer target of a PB carp. Still chasing that 4lb Perca!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I'm secretly hoping for a 4lb perch too this autumn :)

As for Timsbury, with any luck I'll be there again and the roach will play ball... I would dearly love to catch one of those huge Test roach.

I'll be announcing another pike/zander fish-in at some point too, for anyone interested - piking in the day and fishing overnight for zeds (probably towards the end of the season). Should be fun!

And there's the Itchen to look forward to too, maybe a 3lb grayling!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It feels like I haven't even achieved anything this year yet! Been trying half heartedly for Barbel the past couple of months but still none to my name...one day I'll catch one (or even get a bite ¬_¬)

Looking forward to chubbing in the snow....that's what I look forward to most in the season. Must be because i'm english :S Can't wait for the Perch to pile on the lbs and hopefully catch another 2lber :D

There's so much to do it seems the autumn and winter is when I really get into my fishing!