Avoiding doggies

DATA311

And whats wrong with doggies?

I guess you`re fishing on the bottom? Why not try float fishing, or a couple of hooks up.

Or maybe get in touch with a few other disabled anglers and organise a trip somewhere?

Boat trip? Girl Grey out of Brighton has disabled access. Loads of piers around the country have good access as well.

Or just e.mail me. I`ll put you in touch with disabled anglers around the country.

Paul Compton.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Yeh, nothing wrong with doggies, don't like giving up the hook though do they and them eyes burn straight through ya.

Alan, be a good test for the disgorger you sent me next time I visit the coast. :)

[ 17. June 2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

aanthony:

Yeh, nothing wrong with doggies, don't like giving up the hook though do they and them eyes burn straight through ya.

Alan, be a good test for the disgorger you sent me next time I visit the coast. :)

We had a few doggies while I was up with Davy and it worked a treat, the Skate just spat the hook out :D

Hope you take paul up on his offer of address's, it could encourage more disabled anglers or people that are thinking about giving it a go.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

When I lived on the South Coast and did quite a bit of fishing, I used a piece of polyst1rene between the weight and hook. It was good for fishing in very weedy conditions or if out in a boat for taking the bait off the bottom. You have to try and work out how big a piece of styrene you need depending on the size of bait, but it is very bouyant. I have also used corks for the same job on occassion.

I have heard of this before, and have kept some corks aside for this purpose.

I did wonder if they would scare the fish off a bit though?

Would appreciate your views

B.A.S.S. member

Hiya,

no the corks wont scare the fish off, they also wont stop you catching Doggies, we regularly get them over 10' off the bottom. If you are getting fed up with them from the shore .. you should try catching them in over 400' of water then you soon get ****** off with them.

If you are fishing shallow water try using a spinning rod.. you'll be surprized at just how well a doggie fights on light gear.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hi Davy, Old Pal, sorry, old engaged pal. I might be towing a boat to Arisaig a week on Saturday, and was wondering what you were doing that weekend. I have a Huge box of Jam Donuts in my freezer by the way. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie:

Hi Davy, Old Pal, sorry, old engaged pal. I might be towing a boat to Arisaig a week on Saturday, and was wondering what you were doing that weekend. I have a Huge box of Jam Donuts in my freezer by the way. :D

And I am boatless that weekend and and and eh oh heck :( I wanna go too

Alan(nl)And I have some belgium pure cherry chocolate bon bons :o

[ 17. June 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/