If anybody wonders why our Aussie Friends arn't posting

Huge_Vitae

Huge -- you must be an expat Aussie to be so accurate in your description :clap::clap::clap:

No he just got banished to an island like you lot :D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate!!! I do most humbly apologise for the gaff. I thought that the subject was sport.......Yes, you beat us hands down in the last test series.....well, a few runs. But what hurts is the fact that when Australia wins the "ashes", which we do quite often...your cricket officials don't have the decency to give us the "urn". ;);)

As for Bangladesh; that was good to see. We need more competition all round, but we won the 1st test.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

No, mate, Australia=7,682,300 sq km to England's 130,410 sq km. But, with soccer, it is played mainly by the "european" fraternity......and is ridiculous for the antics put on by the players who score....if ever. :yucky::yucky:;);)

I'm sorry but you had this coming ................ Nearly all of you are European, youve just been away for a bit!!!

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

you need more than a couple of generations to be local in Devon and Austrailia is no different!!!

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I'm sorry but you had this coming ................ Nearly all of you are European, youve just been away for a bit!!!

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

you need more than a couple of generations to be local in Devon and Austrailia is no different!!!

Country of Birth

76.9% Australian born, 23.1% foreign born.

The most commonly declared foreign countries of birth amongst respondents were:

United Kingdom : 1,036,253 (5.8%)

New Zealand : 355,765 (2.0%)

Italy : 218,692 (1.2%)

Vietnam : 154,770 (0.9%)

China : 142,872 (0.8%)

Greece : 116,330 (0.7%)

Germany : 108,251 (0.6%)

Philippines : 104,018 (0.6%)

India : 95,444 (0.5%)

Netherlands : 83,299 (0.5%)

Collectively 150,966 respondents (0.9%) were born in countries now known as Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia and Macedonia.

Data derived from enumerated 2001 Census data.

Mostly poms, hey?? :yucky::yucky:;);)

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

No he just got banished to an island like you lot :D

I am sorry but an awful lot of Aussies have links to the good old Isle of Wight.

So, perhaps we are kindred spirits of a sort.

In fact I think, despite the figures posted, that something like 70% of third and fourth generation 'Aussies' have a link to the Isle of Wight.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I am sorry but an awful lot of Aussies have links to the good old Isle of Wight.

So, perhaps we are kindred spirits of a sort.

In fact I think, despite the figures posted, that something like 70% of third and fourth generation 'Aussies' have a link to the Isle of Wight.

They must have been rogues on the Isle of Wight...... Welcome, mate. :thumbs::thumbs:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

They must have been rogues on the Isle of Wight...... Welcome, mate. :thumbs::thumbs:

I just can't bring myself to do it.........................

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

No honestly mate...........

About 12 of my Cousins went to Aus many years ago and settled in different parts.

Kerry in particular comes home and sees his Mum, (my auntie) quite often, if he were to read it............

Well I am not a small bloke by any means and well capable of looking after myself but there are limits one has to observe..................

Well PM it to me, and I'll say it :D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.