See the motorcycle?

severus

but I think this display was a set up. Possibly based on a real accident.

I don't think we will ever know the answer to that without seeing the whole of the vehicle. Looking at the parts we can see there is evidence that other cuts have been made. It is more than possible that the entire front section forward of the windshield has been ripped apart by the impact. There is also evidence that the rear section of the vehicle has been removed.

I have knowledge of a case where the body in a fatality had to be left in the vehicle for some time before removal in a workshop. Not best practise certainly but in cases where there is 'no hope' for the casualty there is little point in rushing to remove it.

It is almost a certainty that the whole thing was taken apart to clean it up, otherwise it could never be put on show. So in which case I would agree that it was either reassembled or, more than likely that the accident was recreated. Still makes a valid staement that might give a few second thoughts.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still makes a valid staement that might give a few second thoughts.

Oh, without a doubt. I think our police should make more of things like this to deliver the message. I also think that youngsters who get caught driving wrecklessly, (and older drivers come to that), and drink drivers should be shown photos of accidents that haven't been cleaned up, just to show them what the result of their actions often lead to. All too often it is the innocent motorist or pedestrian who come off worse than the person who causes the accident.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

My comments regarding the middle aged motorcyclist were just an observation - but I think it does hold water. I lay odds at our local bikers meeting point the demographics show most riders in their 40's.

My dad (who is 50 by the way) passed his test on something which a modern moped would probably outrun, and for several years rode a Honda 400/4. His test involved swerving a few cones off-road and hey presto licence awarded. He can, technically, jump on a Hayabusa or an R1 tomorrow, which really is an entirely different species of vehicle than what he is licensed for.

You can see why -some- older boys run into trouble. By 50 your eyes and ears are usually not what they were and even your body is unable to react as quickly as you could twenty years previously. Not just that but riding at 140mph is physically very demanding.

We do have a bit of a double standard here. An 18 year old passes his motorbike test and he is restricted to 33BHP motorcycles (typically a 400 or less and then usually with a restrictor kit fitted) - an excellent idea - which forces you to get into the swing of motorcycling before buying a 150mph death machine. A 50yr old buys an R1 having not ridden a bike for 25 years and that is perfectly acceptable. With modern technology and databases we ought to be able to check vehicle ownership against licenses and effectively reintroduce 33BHP restrictions to anyone not having ridden a bike for 5 years or so.

I do appreciate young lads hurt and kill themselves as well (I am 25 and know of one or two) - however - motorcycling is very much a 'leisure' activity for most as opposed to a necessity (i.e. primary mode of transport), hence it is very much moving into the demographic groups who have more disposable income (usually 45+). Too much attention is paid to youngsters, and certainly not anything like enough to the older generation.

At the same time I am all for testing people over 60 at five yearly intervals for car and motorcycle tests - or - at the bare minimum the introduction of a driving license system linked to your medical records (at present if your doctor tells you that you are not safe to drive then really it's up to you usually to inform the DVLA and your insurance company and be honest - something many old folk don't do).

I might sound agist - I am not - but lets not kid ourselves into believing every accident on the road is caused by learner berks and new licence holders.

Ian W

My dad (who is 50 by the way) passed his test on something which a modern moped would probably outrun, and for several years rode a Honda 400/4.

I hope you are not saying that which your post portrays.

I passed my test on a DT125 Yamaha and the same day 'chopped' it in for a 400/4.

My god what a beauty of a machine. And I have to say there are few bikes out there now (with consideration to advancement of technology) that could match it for handling and performance until the RD350YPVS came along.

I actually still troll my local paper and go along to look at every one that comes up with the intent to buy but, sadly, they are in the main rubbish and not worth consideration but one day I will find the one.

I can't buy my old 400/4 back because I stuffed it into a vauxhall viva but that's another story.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I hope you are not saying that which your post portrays.

I passed my test on a DT125 Yamaha and the same day 'chopped' it in for a 400/4.

My god what a beauty of a machine. And I have to say there are few bikes out there now (with consideration to advancement of technology) that could match it for handling and performance until the RD350YPVS came along.

I actually still troll my local paper and go along to look at every one that comes up with the intent to buy but, sadly, they are in the main rubbish and not worth consideration but one day I will find the one.

I can't buy my old 400/4 back because I stuffed it into a vauxhall viva but that's another story.

rd 400 white heat here, never crashed it as all the motorist i came across had sense. then went to an xr 600 single thumper, awsom machine for the streets of london, then some one stole it and i ain't had a bike since 2004.

but if any one has a thumper (500 cc or more ) let me know. :rolleyes:

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

rd 400 white heat here, never crashed it as all the motorist i came across had sense. then went to an xr 600 single thumper, awsom machine for the streets of london, then some one stole it and i ain't had a bike since 2004.

but if any one has a thumper (500 cc or more ) let me know. :rolleyes:

XR600 is not what I would call a 'thumper'

A friend of mine still has his 1949 Sunbeam Shaft drive................

The rev counter gives a reading of 'RPL'

That's revolutions per lampost to the uninitiated. :P

XR600 is not what I would call a 'thumper'

A friend of mine still has his 1949 Sunbeam Shaft drive................

The rev counter gives a reading of 'RPL'

That's revolutions per lampost to the uninitiated. :P

lol i bet the torque was amazing hehehe :)

Edited by kempo

my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

lol i bet the torque was amazing hehehe :)

ps may i add it had 13 on the front sprocket and 48 on the back, it would leave blades standing at the lights,

and the front tyre never needed changing heheheh.

dont even go there with top end speeds, blade users :headhurt:

IPB Image
IPB Image

OK but I am Topic HiJacking here.

A friend of mine would always argue the jap bike/british bike topic and refer to his RD200 Yamaha.

One day (true story) he was waiting at the traffic lights on Newport High Street when he heard the distinctive thud thud thud of a 'Brit' machine roll up behind him.

Always the one to take advantage and show the poor British Biker the true meaning of 'jap' technology he wound up the throttle as he put his feet on the rear pegs, dropped the clutch and took his front wheel off the air for about 400 yards down the high streeet.

Stopping at the next junction's red light, he looked back to see the pathetic look on the 'Brit' bikers face only to see Dave Gurd, our local Traffic Cop on his Norton.

OH DEAR :oops:

God bless mid life crisis bikers, pushing insurance premiums up the world over. It's either buy a sports bike or shag the secretary, if more of them decided on the latter, there'd be a lot less RTAs