size of float with a centrepin

The Flying Tench

I have done that when i've fell in the river !!...not something i'd do purposely.

I'd rather just wipe it off with a cloth or tissue.

I have a towel hanging from my belt so keep my hands clean, I hate having dirty hands when i'm fishing.

That's the best excuse I've heard for wondering round in just a badly fitting loincloth. :)

My balls are stainless ( :shutup: ) and don't rust. A quick dip never did any harm.

• Like 1

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

An Anglers Net one!

Thanks everyone. So it sounds as if the problem was the maize, not th e float size. I cleaned and oiled it when I got home so hopefully it should e OK now.

John

Well its not the reel m8. The one I have(anglersnet) trotts a 2no4 stick float with ease in a very light flow.

An Anglers Net one!

Thanks everyone. So it sounds as if the problem was the maize, not th e float size. I cleaned and oiled it when I got home so hopefully it should e OK now.

John, the AN 'pin is very free running and doesn't tend to get clogged. If the drum securing screw is done up too tightly it'll slow the reel noticeably, slacken it off and just nip it back up with your thumbnail.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That's the best excuse I've heard for wondering round in just a badly fitting loincloth. :)

My balls are stainless ( :shutup: ) and don't rust. A quick dip never did any harm.

Lol Brian, them loin cloths are great in summer :).

I did notice you dangling something in the river last time we fished but I thought it was your long flappy Labia :unsure::blink::lol:

• Like 2

I also use the AN pin, and I get the same thing. It does seem occasionally prone to getting stuff behind the spool, stopping it spinning freely. It's very quickly fixed though, take the spool off, give it all a quick wipe, and you're back in business.

Maggot maize/sawdust can be a right pain at times for this type of thing. Best thing is to avoid it in the first place.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

An Anglers Net one!

John

Doesn't pay to have to much oil kick about, it just gives muck something to stick to.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I know it's popular for 'pins to have perforated back plates, but I prefer a solid one even with the bit of extra weight. I remember when Andy was getting peoples opinions on the AN pin, I mentioned that I had reservations about that bit of the design, for just the reason John's mentioned.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The AN pin is sold on the back plate, its the spool which is open Gozzer.

That's what I meant to say, the back of the spool, thanks. It's open to any groundbait, sand, or what ever.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John