Help save my friends life please.

lyn

ayjay, Jo, Alices niece put the petition to run for two week in the hope they would get a thousand signatures. It has gone 'viral' and every time it reaches a target it gets increased purely because it has only been running for 4 days!

So please sign.

Already have - as per my previous post. :)

But is there a purpose to the target, or is it just to gee up those of you soliciting us for signatures?

Does anything happen when a target is eventually not met?

• Like 1

ayjay, I think with anything, the more people you have behind something the more clout it has. In this case the local radio stations and BBC South today, if it only had a few signatures I'm sure it wouldn't have had such an impact. The fact there are nearly 6000 people behind Alice I'm sure it will make the NHS and Jeremy Hunt take notice, well I for one am praying it will. Her mother is such a very dear friend and it has been awful to watch how this has torn her and Glyn apart and I really worry about Rosemarie as it's taken it's toll on her. That is a Mum thing. When I was visiting another friend this year that had just had surgery for breast cancer her mother came round and as she was leaving I gave her a big hug and said I really wouldn't want to be in her shoes because not only did my friend, her daughter have cancer but her son is terminally ill with it as well! They are both in their 40s, no age.

Alice has every chance of being cured by this treatment because of the type of cancer she has which is why I've joined in this fight for her, she has a chance which a lot don't have.

We've lost a lot of members on here, such nice people, I lost my Dad to it. This is why I will 'stand up to cancer' and try and help my friend,

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

As above

Bob

Hi Bob thanks for signing, see an earlier quote from me, They don't want any donations, I think it must be a standard thing that is put on there.

lyn

• 3 weeks later...

An update on Alice. The NHS has still not agreed so a charitable trust has offered to fund her treatment. The petition has gone viral and now has over 152,000 signatures!! Thank you sooooo much all that have signed. For more info go to Change.org and browse for Alice Dann. All the updated info on the trust etc is at the bottom of her page. Thank you again. She has her first treatment this week so we are just praying it works!

• Like 1

Great news

All the very best to her.

Ditto :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.