2+2 does equal 4.

Bob Bradford

It's never really had anything to do with "spreading disease". There's never been a single case where a fish disease could be attributed to pike baits. It's to do with spreading fish species which people higher up the social ladder don't want in their waters. What they never explain is why these fish don't appear in every lake and loch that gets pike fished, just the ones where the water quality isn't what it was. It's much easier to point the finger at the pike anglers and say "They did it" than admit that they haven't been doing their job properly and keeping the water clean.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Mr Williams is alleged to have removed fish...

He is not alleged to have removed any fish - but to intend to introduce them across a national border without the correct certification.

Edited by Dave Lumb

Dave

dlstsig.png

QUOTE(Bob Bradford @ May 22 2006, 05:17 PM) ...and Mr Williams is alleged to have removed fish...

He is not alleged to have removed any fish - but to intend to introduce them across a national border without the correct certification.

And Bob, amongst other things, sit back for goodness sakes and think about that correction before you say any more.

Paul

And Bob, amongst other things, sit back for goodness sakes and think about that correction before you say any more.

That is taken out of context .

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

62 posts with this one and no one supports what those two guys did, so why the quasi poll?

Sorry Brian, I`ve only read it quickly, but some of the posts stop short of outright condemnation so I thought it a question worth asking.

How does a top pike angler get to the top and how does he manage to stay there? Surely if we all had our baits in the water we would all be equally successful....wouldn't we? Surely a bait in the water is a bait in the water whoevers rod it belongs to....isn't it. And how would we manage to stay one step ahead of the other bloke fishing next to us? Cast in his swim everytime he looks the other way? weigh our fish twice? Change our t shirt and hold the fish the other way round? Use more than 4 rods? Ignore boundary lines? transport live Os?.....What?.........................You tell me!!!!!

How does a top pike angler get to the top and how does he manage to stay there? Surely if we all had our baits in the water we would all be equally successful....wouldn't we? Surely a bait in the water is a bait in the water whoevers rod it belongs to....isn't it. And how would we manage to stay one step ahead of the other bloke fishing next to us? Cast in his swim everytime he looks the other way? weigh our fish twice? Change our t shirt and hold the fish the other way round? Use more than 4 rods? Ignore boundary lines? transport live Os?.....What?.........................You tell me!!!!!

You start by being obsessed with big pike. You have a job/lifestyle that allows you to fish anytime and you're prepared to dump everything into your van and drive the length and breadth of the country (and other countries), in search of a biggie. You watch where the media reports a 30 plus fish coming from and then immediately set off looking for a recapture. You listen to gossip on the bank and loose lips in the pub, play a half hunch then sit crouched over four rods until you either catch or reach the conclusion that its a waste of time.

Along the way, you cheat a little. Three rods where the rules say two, troll lures where trolling is not allowed and transport a few fish with you in the van just in case you can't catch livies on site. Its not really cheating...its called 'bending the rules' and as long as you have your fingers crossed behind your back, then nobody is going to notice

Eventually you get successful, get your picture in the papers regularly, write a book, a magazine column and put your name on a few fishing rods.

At some point along the line you lose touch with reality, forget that fishing is supposed to be fun, imagine you're somehow piking's answer to Mohammed Ali or Tiger Woods and go to Ireland with a tank full of 200 carp in search of another headline. Along the way, you'll probably tell a few people that you thought that you could trust and they in their haste to be associated with you, will tell a complete stranger 'Hey, guess what my mate is doing on saturday. He's only going to Ireland with two hundred carp' Stranger thinks that you're a bighead and a complete tosser (rightly or wrongly) and thinks it would serve you right if you got caught red handed. They call the authorities, its all over.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'