Jan and Newt go codbashing

Snatcher

OI OI,

im a bit pi**ed i missed it as i was looking foward to meeting you all, i thought it was verry selfish of my sister being taken in to hospital this week-end (i told her as well) back home now so if you do another trip im verry interested, im just glad you al had a brilliant day out.

:sun::sun::sun:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drift was too quick today.

Yep, just what we find in the English Channel - Force 5 or above pushes the boat along too quickly and catches suffer.

Still, good that you got out at all, and at least a sprinkling of fish were had. Well done Linda for biggest fish.

Newt left (inadvertently I think) a packet of hook-shaped tiepins at my place plus a half-full mug of Geirach-style coffee which I have only just found :lol:. I think the pins may have been destinied for you Snatcher - is that right? If so will post them on.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Fantastic that you managed to get out yesterday. The weather had always looked like turning that into a shore trip.

Even better that a few fish were caught and that a good time was had by all.

:thumbs:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yep, just what we find in the English Channel - Force 5 or above pushes the boat along too quickly and catches suffer.

Still, good that you got out at all, and at least a sprinkling of fish were had. Well done Linda for biggest fish.

Newt left (inadvertently I think) a packet of hook-shaped tiepins at my place plus a half-full mug of Geirach-style coffee which I have only just found :lol:. I think the pins may have been destinied for you Snatcher - is that right? If so will post them on.

They may be Dave but Newt never mentioned it. Best just hang on to them for the moment. Yes Dave it was a good trip and as everyone has said the buzz was really putting faces to the names and enjoying the craic!

Will I see you and Norma up the Mull of Galloway again this year? Also when are you going to christen those needlefish I sent down? I bet you have something planned :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sorry for bein a bit LAX!! Got in around half past nine and just DIED!!

Just to say it WAS great to put faces to names as allways!! And to catch a fish or two was a bonus! Shame NEWT never had a fish but being the gent he was as ever he let the ladies catch first!! (Soft git! :P Should have bullied your way in Newt!)

But seriously it was absolutely GREAT to see the MAN again and to meet his life partner JAN!!! What an absolutely SMASHING couple they make!! I don't think I ever looked at them while waiting to move on to a drift to see them NOT smile at each other or have a little cuddle or even a little squeeze of the hand! That more than anything else made it a GOOD day for me!! So GREAT company and Smashing weather and a few fish, what more could a man(Or WOMAN) wish for??

WHENS THE NEXT ONE????? :thumbs:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sorry for bein a bit LAX!! Got in around half past nine and just DIED!!

Just to say it WAS great to put faces to names as allways!! And to catch a fish or two was a bonus! Shame NEWT never had a fish but being the gent he was as ever he let the ladies catch first!! (Soft git! :P Should have bullied your way in Newt!)

But seriously it was absolutely GREAT to see the MAN again and to meet his life partner JAN!!! What an absolutely SMASHING couple they make!! I don't think I ever looked at them while waiting to move on to a drift to see them NOT smile at each other or have a little cuddle or even a little squeeze of the hand! That more than anything else made it a GOOD day for me!! So GREAT company and Smashing weather and a few fish, what more could a man(Or WOMAN) wish for??

WHENS THE NEXT ONE????? :thumbs:

Norrie did mention Sat July 22nd as a tentative date Chris,count me in :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies

Just a quick note before my time on this hotel computer runs out. HAD A GREAT TIME!! Thanks, Norrie, so much for organizing our outting and to all that made the long drive. Still haven't sorted out why the only words I ever could understand Norrie say was "Oh SH*T!!". Guess it transverses all languages and accents.

I did have the honor of the first cod, however small it was. I also caught me a double - but it turned out to be Norrie and Davy :bigemo_harabe_net-163: I also caught the bottom numerous times donating weights out of Norrie's bucket. Fewer to carry back t the car.

Too many thanks to be given. All were wonderful and most patient with this rookie fisherperson. Time in the pub, yard and the guest house will be memorable for years to come. Remember the promise of pictures to us - please.

Tomorrow it's back to London and an overnight near Gatwick and then flying home on Wednesday. We'll take the rain back with us, Steve, if that's okay with you :P

Thanks to all for a wonderful stay in your country and for making us feel so welcome!!!!!

BTW, Judy, the pressure bands worked great out on the boat yesterday. Depite high winds I didn't feel a twinge of motion sickness. Linda didn't fare quite as well but did much better one her bracelets were properly positioned.

Edited by Jan of the 2 Ghillies

I can't believe it's gone so quickly!

Still, at least I know for sure that I can wear my bikini on Thursday :D

Is Newt still alive? haven't seen him post since I dropped him off in the Midlands!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yep he's still alive........just.....i shudda recorded his snoring lol.

Poor old Jan came downstairs last night cos of the noise from the pub she couldn't sleep so she found me out the back having a ciggie and trying to figure out who'd sent me a text cos the dozy git had forgotten to add "John s" at the end of the text ;) then came back to the room to escape Newts snoring and to have a chat with the girls.

Both Newt and Jan were trying to find a muscle that didn't ache this morning.....they didn't manage to find one but they did find a few muscles that they didn't even know they had were aching LOL.

Well we left Amble pretty early cos there was a small little place at Alnwick which i just had to take them both.....hell they'd travelled 4000 miles so i figured they'd seen Izzack Waltons cottage and they had to go to the other most important place in England....Hardy's/Greys museum and shop.........the chap even opened it 5 mins early for us...Newt was seriously tempted by a couple of Prodigies but Jan had taken all forms of payment from him as soon as i told her where we were LOL.

Folks it was brilliant to meet you all, my girls and my wife were all over the moon to be there and to have the "craic" with the whole scots crew (and yes Nick they even liked meeting you), i myself will hold the memories with a lot of fondness for a long time to come..........am i upset i didn't get to go out on the boat......nope not in the slightest cos if i had.well i'd have been to busy taking the pish and messing about so its a pretty damned sure fire thing i'd have been overboard LOL.

I have got pics but i haven't had time to download them yet.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

for biggest fish.

Hi Vagabond

I've just spoken to Jan and Newt and the cap/tie pins were destined for Amble and the folks there.

Jan has asked nicely if you could please send them onto Norrie (the only person in Amble that Jan and Newt couldn't understand ;) ) so he can pass them out to the other salt soaked idio.......erm people. :lol:

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them