Weird happening....

Salar

Had a strange experience on Monday. Took the boat out on my own, had a pleasant day fishing, then headed for home. At the end of a session I reel in (usually I fish four rods when on my own), unclip the weights and lean the rods on the transom - well in, so there's no chance of them toppling out. It was reasonably calm appart from the tide race at the entrance to Langstone which was a bit choppy, but not too bad at all. I got back to the marina, tied up, got the hose out to wash the rods down - and one was gone. (Best reel too...) Nobody else was on the pontoon so it wasn't nicked. A mug half full of cold coffee was still on the engine casing, proving it wasn't choppy. The three other rods, all similar, all in the same position, were still there. WHERE AND HOW DID IT DISSAPEAR? I'm still puzzling. Any ideas - and any similar gremlin experiences?

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

As the mist mysteriously descends onto the boat and then as quickly it dissipates with beams of sunlight into your cabin. You are then transformed into a mind of normality only to discover some of the mysteries of the sea.

This is, knowing as the Twighlight Zone.

You may or may not have been there, but who knows ! :confused:

Cheers 4 Now

Posted Image

Desford Sea Angling Society

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

pauliepoo's:

Just an idea! You might left that rod still out, did you have four weights in the boat or just three?

The only conclusion I could come to, although I use the buoy method of getting the anchor up which involves a lot of looking over the stern as I manouvre round, I would have thought I would have seen the extra line out but you never know, maybe I just didn't see it. Expensive mistake, anyway.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

A few years ago James and I with a few of the lads

fished three to four miles off shore just out from Felixstowe,in 40ft of water,mid-winter,hauling in 6 to 10lb Cod.The sea state had a gentle glassy roll to it and visibility was to infinity.Now,late afternoon the Sun beings its descent behind some ominous black clouds and most aboard bagan to think of their first pint in front of the Ferry Boat Inn's log fire.Then James hooked another sizable Cod, the bending rod determined the rough size of the impending fish, I jokingly said that I had nothing to worry about as my 13lb-er would win the day.At that point I walked to the stern with landing net poised. To this day we haven't got a clue as to what it might have been but something hit that fish like a k..g Train and nearly ripped the rod from James hands. A full Abu 7000 spool began to pay out at speed and never stopped, he wasn't even able to slow it down.Didn't see any fin on the surface and it's far too shallow for Submarines.Historically, Felixstowe isn't known for Shark or it's relations but that's all I can think it could have been...............Spooky or what?