wacky bird seed

my other half is always putting out seed, bread etc for the wild birds.

a few weeks ago i was dispached to pick up a few kilos of seed , which i did from a little shop in the next village.

anyway as you´re aware the birds make a good job of spreading it around , and consequently you end up with grass growing up from the gravel etc everywhere......

not this lot, i was asked to have a look at the "weeds"tonight with a view to spraying them etc.

these "weeds" turned out to be cannibis plants. no wonder the birds seemed happy with their seeds!

they grow very happily outside in the climate here,ive pulled a few up, and will sort the rest out tommorow!

and NO i wont be posting any on to anybody!!! :blink:

anybody else had this? :lol: cheers dave.

"songbird feed" contained a fairly high percentage of cannibas until a few years ago. I really think it got the birds high & happy which made them sing well.

AFAIK, the US had banned the seeds now though.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

damn,is was gonna send you my addy :lol:

hemp is the same family as cannibis.used for many things.especially for keeping people on the dole :wallbash:

hemp has been used for thousands of years and usually the toxic affect of it has been bred out in favour of large plants used for there fibre rope,clothing,paper etc.

hemp has been used for thousands of years and usually the toxic affect of it has been bred out in favour of large plants used for there fibre rope,clothing,paper etc.

The stuff we get for fishing does have a very low THC content. (That's bad if you're looking for a hit) :mellow:

Thought they (the b#stards) irradiated pet food to kill the hemp seeds.

Way way back in time I <cough> read a booklet on cannabis growing. It said that hemp is hemp is cannabis sativa. It reckoned that environment was the key factor - grow it in mild wet England and you get a product fit for rope making, grow the same seeds in Morocco and you get some damn good sh#t, man (allegedly).

Just bought a big bag of Chilean giant hempseed today, for the barbelling season. Reckon it's been irradiated ???? :sun::blink::)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

OK chaps and chapesses. quick biology lesson coming up.

Hemp, and cannabis are the same plant. Either Cannabis sativa, or C. indica, or more likely if it is being grown for THC content a F1 hybrid.

All seeds are extremely low in THC, but are full of oil. Feeding a bird too much hemp seed results in fat cagebirds. The hemp seed that is used as an angling bait is normal industrial hemp seed but treated to be sterile, as is that sold in pet food shops. Obviously in Spain they don't irradiate bird food hemp seed. BTW he treatment is not 100% succesful, maybe if you planted a kilo of seeds you might get one or two viable plants, shame that the would not produce THC.

Newt, I think you will find that US banknotes are still made from hemp paper. I'm fairly sure that ours still are.VT, HI, ND, MT, MN, IL, VA, NM, CA, AR, KY, MD, WV have or are about to pass legislation supporting research or cultivation. (Hemp Industry Association website).

As others have posted the fibres from hemp have been used for millenia to make paper, rope, canvas, denim (the original Levi jeans were made from hemp fibre). That thin strong paper that they make Bibles from is usually made from hemp fibres.

The oil from the seeds is used to make margarine, cosmetics, lubricants, varnishes and a whole host of other products. We could make plastics from hemp seed oil. Last but not least it is a potential bio-mass fuel. It can be pelleted and burned, or it could be used to make synthetic petrol, diesel or even gas.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There isn't much the humble hemp plant can't do. Thank god our government have chosen to make it illegal for years, imagine if hemp growers were allowed to use the plant for all the things it's good for............