Climate control

ayjay

Does it make the inside of your windscreen dirty?

The aircon on my old Peugeot never caused this problem but the VW I have now has Climate Control and the inside of the windscreen seems to be permanently dirty.

Mine does not but the transit van i drive (which doesnt have air con or climate con) does it also get black around the roof lining on top of the windscreen. Looks like exhaust emissions to me, probably depends on where you cars air intake is, the lower down and closer to the front the worse it will be.

Some cars also have pollen filters in the air vents it mabey one of these has broken down.

Regards Paul Mc

Hiya, Seems like exhaust emmisions getting into the cabin area..coming up through the demisters etc.......I used to drive an Iveco van, it was terrible for soot etc etc.....it got so bad we used to wear martindale masks.... :angry:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

What vdub have you got ayjay? Someone I know has got a newish passat with all the works on it. I can ask him if you like?

With regards to air con tho, I do remember someone telling me that if you have it, you have to run it weekly just to get the best out of it. It clears it out somehow and save you having to recharge it or something?!

Dunno exactly, never had a car posh enough to have air com :D next car tho, next car.... hmmmm B)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

I've got a Peugeot executive 406 and mine doesn't dirty the inside of the windscreen B) , mind you the muck from the smokers that it carries does :angry:

The bit I like about aircon is when you've been travelling on a crowded motorway on a hot day everyone rolls into the service station with the windows down and they get out all hot and sweaty. Then you roll in alongside them with the windows up and get out of the car and immediately your glasses steam up :) cus the interior of your car is far colder than the outside world.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

What vdub have you got ayjay?

You do have a short memory Emz. >> My VW

With regards to the dirt, I'm not really sure what it is, but a couple of days after I clean it I can see the wipe marks from where it was last cleaned, it's like a sort of white film over the inside of the screen that just keeps coming back after it's polished off.

It's going in for a service in a couple of days, we'll see if a new pollen filter improves things.

The windows on the inside of my Mondeo get dirty, seems to be more so than any car I've had without air-con. But couldn't say 100% for sure that is the reason for it tho'. The polen filter is under the wipers and is a bit of a pain to change, wiper arm off, then a panel etc so I have never changed it (bet it's nearly blocked by now)

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

You do have a short memory Emz. >> My VW

Ah, yes, I remember now :unsure::D

My friend has the same vdub, just not an estaty. He's not had any problems with it as far as I know but it has always been serviced well. Air con just have consumables that need replacing tho at some point, I know that much :unsure: Vdub should be able to tell you more :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Strange coincidence !!!!!

just got off the phone ringing roung to get my Chrysler Neon A/C re-gased or charged or whatever and best price I found was £65 + VAT. Seems like a lotta wonga to part with and so wondered if anyone out there knows of anyone I can contact to get a better price. Seen offers as low as £49 all-in but not in my area. I live sorta half way between Cambridge and Bedford (Nr St Neots & Huntingdon). Surely there must be cheaper places to get it done????????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

With regards to air con tho, I do remember someone telling me that if you have it, you have to run it weekly just to get the best out of it. It clears it out somehow and save you having to recharge it or something?!

The system has seals that are lubricated while the A/C is running but running it for 5 minutes once a month is plenty to take care of that. You will have faster gas loss if you let the A/C remain inactive over an entire fall/winter/spring period when you really don't need it and may forget to run it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President