UK SHARKS????ANYONE SEEN ANY

boat skipper

Hiya,

I should have worded my reply better, like you I don't doubt she landed a 500lb fish, I doubt she landed a 500lb Mako with the gear & boat's that we were using at that time :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND....Its his birthday VERY shortly too.... :D:D

Happy Birthday Albert !!!!! :D

[ 18. December 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Mad pal of mine tried to foulhook one with mackeral flies up the Mull of Galloway three years ago.It was during our annual "lads week" in the June. We were fishing the "flat rock" at the end of the Mull howking out the mackeral.Chis spotted a shark close in cruising parallel with the shore about 50 yds out. Quick as a flash he tried to foulhook it in the back "for a bit of sport". I am glad to say he did not manage to connect.He reckoned he saw a long thin tail on it so it may have been a thresher.

Ian Burrett connected up with a shark in Luce Bay this summer gone,it smashed him up on 90lb line.He thinks it was a porbeagle because of the shape of the bite mark inflicted on one of his tope.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

boat skipper:

I HEAR LOTS OF TALES AROUND THE NORTH OF FOLK SEEING SHARKS,........

HAS ANYONE SEEN ONE/ANY? :confused:

Lots around here. They have brass plates outside their offices!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Tack this is from "goldenballs" alias Brian Spears from your town -

goldenballs

Anglers' Net Regular

Member # 5173

posted 15 June, 2004 08:15 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,ian i have just been having a word with dougie hogg,his dad used to be in the club many years back,he caught a porgy of 178 lb when i was a boy,he is going to ask his older brother bout the club and let me know,the shark was from boat i think could have been a record at time,used to be frquent up the mull,one night i was fishing up there and one jumped right out of the water no more than 20 yards from rock face ,i wasnt long moving back i tell u................g.balls

--------------------

it is not what you catch,it is the way you catch it.

Lochryan No 1

Be afraid be very afraid!

So they are there chaps!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

i myself have never seen a shark and would like it to stay that way even though i know that a coconut landing on your head is more likely to kill you than a shark (unless u make it mad) im just a bit weary of them, if i was from a distance and i saw one then i would be ok but close by i would hate it the only place i dont mind being close to shark is at a aquarium

scrabster for ever

~-~KAZ~-~

Hi young fishin lass,nice to have your input. I am sure you will enjoy this forum,no old pervs as far as I can tell! Make sure your homework is done for Monday mind!

By the way what do you fish for and from where?I am sure some of us old hands could give you some good fishing tips.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair